- This topic is empty.
2020-05-18 at 9:08 PM #1360暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
Jim Cramer advises investors not to get too optimistic over Moderna vaccine progress (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/18/jim-cramer-advises-wall-street-caution-on-modernal-vaccine-progress.html)
- “You need a barbell with the Covid-19 winners on one end, the stay-at-home stocks,” and the “economic recovery winners on the other end,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “The barbell portfolio was the best strategy for today,” given the latest developments from Moderna, the “Mad Money” host said.
- ″[I]f there’s another big outbreak and we have to go back into lockdown, many of today’s winners will come right back down,” he said.
Executive Interviewer: Denny’s CEO on restaurant reopening strategy, weathering pandemic (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/18/dennys-ceo-interview-on-mad-money-with-jim-cramer.html)
Denny’s CEO John Miller said more than 500 of Denny’s locations are open for dine-in service in the United States.
Executive Interview: Avaya CEO talks partnering with RingCentral, deploying artificial intelligence (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/18/avaya-ceo-talks-partnering-with-ringcentral-deploying-ai-messaging.html)
Avaya CEO Jim Chirico discussed partnering with an industry leader, helping with Covid-19 response in Mississippi and supporting remote work.
Cramer’s lightning round: Penske Automotive is ‘a very inexpensive stock’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/18/cramer-lightning-round-penske-automotive-is-a-very-inexpensive-stock.html)
- Seattle Genetics: “I like Seattle Genetics very much. … I think that they’ve got an amazing pipeline, one of the best I’ve ever seen and I think you should own the stock.”
- Qorvo: “I think Qorvo’s fantastic … [it’s] levered to 5G.”
- Penske Automotive Group: “I actually think it’s a very inexpensive stock … that stock is way too cheap.”
- Virtu Financial: “I think it’s a very smart, good company with a lot of really smart people and I’m surprised that it’s still only — it should be more of a fintech company. It doesn’t deserve a nine multiple. It deserves a 12 multiple.”
- Exxon: “I don’t like Exxon as much as Chevron. Chevron’s a better run company right now. It just is.”
- Energy Transfer: “I would dump that right into the Delaware Water Gap, let it go up a couple points and then just drown it.”
- Mastercard: “I mean it’s levered to world travel and world commerce, and that’s hurt the stock, but look, my charitable trust owns it, I think it’s a terrific situation, but remember: we have to be cognizant that again it came into this Covid [pandemic] with a 40 multiple and that’s too rich, given the fact that worldwide commerce is slowing.”
- RingCentral: “I think RingCentral’s terrific. You know, RingCentral is one of those companies that are going to be down on a day like today. Why? Because it’s very good for the office at home. … That’s why it was down 22. There’s nothing wrong with it. … Give it a couple days and it’s going to start moving up again, but it is up 55% for the year.”
Ticker: SGEN, QRVO, PAG, VIRT, XOM, CVX, ET, MA, RNG
Executive Interview: Thoms H Lee Partners co-president discusses the pandemic’s impact on the health-care system (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/18/thoms-h-lee-partners-co-president-on-the-pandemics-impact-on-health-care.html)
Thomas H. Lee co-President Scott Sperling broke down lessons learned from the pandemic and the state of nursing homes.
If you have any questions or comments on this topic, please start a new topic using its parent forum “Investments in the US”.
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 18, 2020 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.