- This topic is empty.
2020-05-19 at 10:21 PM #1387暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
‘We’ve probably taken a depression off the table,’ Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/weve-probably-taken-a-depression-off-the-table-jim-cramer-says.html)
- “I’m not saying this market’s done going down. There’s always the possibility that we get more sell-offs,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “Even if Moderna’s vaccine news was blown out of proportion … the fact is that we’ve probably taken a depression off the table,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “Anything that makes a depression less likely causes stocks to explode higher, and that’s what yesterday’s rally was really about,” he said.
Ticker: MRNA, HD, WMT, CCL
Off the Charts: Jim Cramer: Chart action suggests more upside if the S&P 500 breaks key hurdle (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/jim-cramer-charts-suggest-more-upside-if-sp-500-breaks-key-hurdle.html)
- “The charts, as interpreted by Carolyn Boroden, suggest that the major averages are still in rally mode,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “She thinks the S&P is a buy right here. There’s too much going right in her charts for her to say anything else,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “However, she says you should be ready to sell if we fail to break out over the 200-day moving average, eventually,” he said.
Executive Interview: Identity, digital management business is in ‘turbo boost,’ Ping Identity CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/19/ping-identity-ceo-identity-digital-management-is-in-turbo-boost.html)
Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand said there’s “no doubt” there will be a new norm in the workforce and explained how his company is supplying the adoption of remote work.
Cramer’s lightning round: Disney is going to get through this (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/cramer-lightning-round-disney-is-going-to-get-through-this.html)
- Aptiv: “Too close to auto. I’m not recommending anything close to auto.”
- Elastic NV: “We have to have them on. … I need to know Elastic better, so that’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to ask before we opine.”
- Domo Inc.: “We liked that guy very much. We want him to come back on. The answer I’m going to say is yes. You know, we have to catch it on a low in the market, but yeah, I like the story.”
- Dave & Busters: “No, I’m not recommending any of the big, let’s say, experiential plays involving dining out, food entertainment because of the pandemic.”
- Credit Acceptance: “No. See, I don’t like the auto business and that includes anybody that finances for it. I can’t get fired up about a business that I think is really in major recession mode.”
- Athersys Inc.: “Stem cell. Like it. Biotech. Good spec.”
- MGM Resorts International: “I prefer Wynn to MGM.”
- Dropbox: “I thought the last quarter was the breakout quarter. I really did. I thought they really had a good quarter and they really delivered, and I’m going to say yes to it.”
- Ventas: “I think the world of [CEO] Deb Cafaro, but that industry is not an industry I want to invest in.”
- Walt Disney: “Disney, here is our approach … I’m just going to own it. The charitable trust is going to own it because we think that it’s a great, iconic brand that’s going to get through this, and that’s enough.”
Ticker: APTV, ESTC, DOMO, PLAY, CACC, ATHX, MGM, WYNN, DBX, VTR, DIS
Executive Interview: Coronavirus is powering the rush for web-based contact centers, Five9 CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/coronavirus-is-powering-a-rush-to-web-based-contact-centers-five9-ceo.html)
- Contact centers have become the “only front door” for businesses forced to close their office and stores due to the coronavirus pandemic, Five9 CEO Rowan Trollope said.
“It’s web based, so it’s very easy for your agents to log in” and
- “allows agents to work from home very easily,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- “Since the Covid crisis, we definitely have seen acceleration, you know, of new companies that are seeing this as an option for them to continue to do business,” he said.
If you have any questions or comments on this topic, please start a new topic using its parent forum “Investments in the US”.
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 19, 2020 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.