- This topic is empty.
2020-05-20 at 10:27 PM #1401暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
FAANG emerges as the latest group to lead the market, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/faang-emerges-as-the-latest-group-to-lead-the-market-jim-cramer-says.html)
- “This market’s been going through leadership groups like there’s no tomorrow,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “And now it’s FAANG’s turn,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- He broke down the big gains in shares of Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft.
Ticker: FB, APPL, AMZN, NFLX, GOOGL, MSFT, TGT, WMT, HD, LOW
Executive Interview: Lowe’s funds $25 million in grants to help minority businesses reopen; CEO challenges other executives to ‘do our part’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/lowes-funds-25-million-in-grants-to-help-minority-businesses-reopen.html)
- “These are going to be minority businesses and other businesses that are now starting to reopen,” Lowe’s CEO Marvin Ellison said.
- “So we just want to continue to not only run a good business but also be a great corporate citizen in all of the communities that we operate in,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- “To all my fellow CEOs out there running large companies: Let’s do our part to help the small businesses get back up and going,” he said.
Executive Interview: Facebook is giving $20 million to women, minority and veteran-owned businesses, says Sheryl Sandberg (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/sandberg-facebook-20-million-women-minority-veteran-businesses.html)
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg on Wednesday said the company is giving $20 million to small businesses owned by women, minorities and veterans in the U.S.
Executive Interview: Mondelez CEO on snacking trends, global demand amid coronavirus crisis
Mondelez CEO Dirk Van de Put discussed marketing snack products across different generations and gives a region-by-region outlook on business.
Executive Interview: Verizon CEO discusses the company’s 5G strategy (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/20/verizon-ceo-discusses-the-companys-5g-strategy.html)
Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg explained how 5G networks can operate 20-times faster than 4G and the company’s plan to offer the most superoir experience.
Cramer’s lightning round: Consolidation is a ‘positive’ for Citrix Systems (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/cramer-lightning-round-consolidation-is-a-positive-for-citrix.html)
- Bed, Bath & Beyond: “I think Bed Bath is a stock that I liked and then what happened is the world came to an end, basically, right, for retail. It was deemed nonessential and I think it’s a very tough thing for it to come back, but it does have the capital. It can last — can try to last.”
- TE Connectivity: “I’ve always liked TE Connectivity and it’s the right kind of electrical component stock that is working in this environment. I would own this stock.”
- Pioneer Natural Resources: ”[CEO] Scott Sheffield is probably — along with [Chevron CEO] Mike Worth — two of the people I trust most in the oil patch. Pioneer’s one of them, I like EOG, I like Parsley, I like Chevron. I think you’re fine, and I’m not a recommender of the oil companies, but I think you’re fine.”
- B&G Foods: “I wish they would come on. … I don’t know the longevity of it because the brand seems tired to me. It’s kind of a mini Kraft Heinz.”
- Digital Realty Trust: “Of the REITs that are still around that I like, I like the data center REITs and that is one of the. Nice [yield] level coming in at 3.3%.”
- Citrix Systems: “Citrix is part of this group, like Zoom. They had too much of a move, they’re consolidating right now. I think consolidation is actually positive. Some people feel like if people go back to work, they won’t do as well. That’s wrong. Good stock.”
- Box: “I’ll see you your Box and raise you with Dropbox, which I think had a better quarter. That’s the one to be in now.”
- Co-Diagnostics: “That one’s too controversial. I’d have to do more on CODX. That’s like a penny stock that went nuts.”
- GW Pharmaceuticals: “It’s medical cannabis. It’s the only one that the doctors really use because it actually has dosage, and it will be the only one they use, given the fact that dosage is hard to get in regular cannabis.”
Ticker: BBBY, TEL, PXD, CVX, EOG, BGS, KHC, DLR, CTXS, ZM, BOX, DBX, CODX, GWPH
If you have any questions or comments on this topic, please start a new topic using its parent forum “Investments in the US”.
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 20, 2020 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.