- This topic is empty.
2022-02-01 at 10:07 PM #4993暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, February 1, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer expects some causes of inflation ‘to get worse’ before they get better (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/jim-cramer-expects-some-causes-of-inflation-to-get-worse-before-improving.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said he expects some of the inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy to remain at problematic levels for a little longer before relief arrives.
- The “Mad Money” host said he believes “deliberate rules and processes” affecting a range of industries have contributed to the price pressures.
- “In many cases, this stuff is the cost of a safer, better, freer society, and I think it’s worth the price. But make no mistake, the price is real,” he said.
(2) Cramer says he likes most of the Ark Innovation ETF’s top holdings after growth stock meltdown (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/jim-cramer-likes-most-of-top-holdings-in-cathie-woods-ark-innovation-etf.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday he likes the setup in most of the largest positions in Cathie Wood’s Ark Innovation ETF.
- The “Mad Money” host said the growth stocks have fallen far enough that averaging into positions makes sense.
- “Then you can buy a little more at lower levels if they keep going lower,” he said.
Top 10 stocks in ARKK: TSLA [best time to buy], ZM [great balance sheet, not have growth], TDOC [strong growth, steal at this level], ROKU [cannot believe its falling, like the set up], COIN [not a fan], EXAS [price cut in half, no longer expensive], U [metaverse, one of the most pre ], NTLA, TWLO [cannot believe how much it decrease, these level get permission to go for it], SPOT [good work from home company]
Additional ARKK Stocks: Draftkings (DKNG), Robinhood (HOOD)
(3) Jim Cramer says these three medical device stocks look like ‘true steals’ here (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/jim-cramer-these-3-medical-device-stocks-look-like-true-steals-here.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday identified three stocks in the medical devices field that he believes look attractive after Wall Street’s rough January.
- He specifically pointed to Edwards Lifesciences, Stryker and Intuitive Surgical.
- “I think there are some true steals are developing in the medical device space because of omicron,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Edward Life Science (EW), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) [long term Cramer favorite, great opportunity], Stryker (SYK)
(4) Executive Interview: Boat maker Brunswick expects sales of $10 billion in 2025, CEO says, touting secular tailwinds (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/02/01/boat-maker-brunswick-expects-sales-of-10-billion-in-2025-ceo-says-touting-secular-tailwinds.html)
David Foulkes, the CEO of boat maker Brunswick, appeared on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Corning Inc. can still go higher (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/cramers-lightning-round-corning-inc-can-still-go-higher.html)
- Golar: “Golar is the play. Now, you have to understand, these are trades, sir. They go up and then they crater. There’s been some ones that have been involved in the shipping industry, periodically, they have incredible runs and then they’re done. You own this for a trade, not for an investment.”
- Corning Incorporated: “They had a great quarter, and they signaled that their solar business has come back. They’re firing on all cylinders. That was one of the best quarters of the year, and I think you’ve got to stick with it. It’s not done going higher. That’s a very good company. It’s really hitting on all cylinders.”
- Camping World: “I like Camping World. I don’t really understand the pricing. It always seems to be so controversial, when it really isn’t, and I say that because, you know who runs it, is Marcus Lemonis. He’s a very good businessman. Anyone who watches the show and thinks he’s not, I don’t know what to say. I think he does a great job, and I like his stores very much.”
- Planet Labs: “I looked at Planet Labs. I spent some time with the CEO, and no. It’s daily satellite imaging. I’m not say it’s a gimmick, I’m just saying it doesn’t have a big total addressable market, in my take.”
- Iron Mountain: “I like it. It’s consistent and it has a good yield, and you should own the stock.”
- Applied Materials: “Applied Materials is a terrific company. A lot of people feel that there’s coming in that part of the [semiconductor space]. I don’t think so. I like AMAT.”
Ticker: GLNG, GLW, CWH, PL, IRM, AMAT
(6) [No Video Clip] Young Money; Dividend & Conquer — Ticker: HOOD, WFC [charitable trust owns WFC], CVX, DVN, COST
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Ebay (EBAY), Whirlpool (WHR), Zillow (ZG), DXCM [high price to earning multiples], WBA [huge believer of WBA, buy]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 1, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 1, 2022 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.