- This topic is empty.
2020-05-22 at 5:50 PM #1442暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
May 18, 2020 (Monday) — cf：Robinhood Snacks Daily Newsletter for 5/18/2020
- Facebook (FB): “ebook needs to spice up its messaging game, so it’s splurging $400M to control your gif game: Buying Giphy.”
- McDonald (MCD): “McDonald’s whipped up a 59-page playbook on how to reopen its restaurants post COVID-19.”
- Luckin Coffee (LK): “And remember Luckin Coffee’s $310M fraud last month? It’s pivoting its core biz because it’s more tech than latte.”
May 19, 2020 (Tuesday) — cf：Robinhood Snacks Daily Newsletter for 5/19/2020
- Peet’s Coffee (private): “Even though IPOs are basically not happening, Peet’s Coffee is about to do one because… coffee — they think it’s recession-proof.”
- General Motors (GM), Ford (F), Fiat Chrysler (FCAU): “Detroit’s Big 3 carmakers have re-opened factories, so we’re looking at why that’s the most milestone-y moment of the corona-conomy (FYI, 3M Americans work in auto).”
- Softbank: “Startup-obsessed Softbank is the least profitable company in the world right now (cough, WeWork/Uber, cough), so it’s having a tech garage sale.”
May 20, 2020 (Wednesday) — cf：Robinhood Snacks Daily Newsletter for 5/20/2020
- Spotify (SPOT): “The biggest podcast in the world just went exclusive with Spotify, making it the biggest punch yet in the battle for your ears (Joe’s now an orchid in Spotify’s gated garden).”
- Walmart (WMT): “Walmart’s earnings reveal what happens when one business is made “essential” and its competition is deemed “non-essential.””
- Moderna (MRNA): “Someone’s going to win the COVID-19 vaccine race — Moderna is the $30B biotech company whose good trial results just excited markets.”
May 21, 2020 (Thursday) — cf：Robinhood Snacks Daily Newsletter for 5/21/2020
- Lowe (LOW): “Fresh after the first wave of corona-conomy trends, we’re predicting the next megatrend: Pimping yo crib, Lowe’s style.”
- The Clubhouse (private): “Social network Clubhouse launched this year and just hit a $100M valuation… with only 1,500 users.”
- Facebook (FB): “Facebook’s newest product transforms instagram from digital magazine to digital department store (so who got Zuck’d this time?).”
May 22. 2020 (Friday) — cf：Robinhood Snacks Daily Newsletter for 5/22/2020
- Ford (F): “Walk on in to the Ford Factory! Actually, don’t — it just closed down right after reopening because a worker tested positive, making it a metaphor for our economic reopening.”
- Makespace (private): MakeSpace snagged $55M of VC funding to try to *not* be “the Uber for storage.”
- Retail stocks: And we just finished the biggest week of retail earnings, so we whipped up a 7-question test to determine if companies are winning or losing in the corona-conomy.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this topic, please start a new topic using its parent forum “Investments in the US”.
Texts in the quotations marks following the company name and ticker symbol are taken from Snacks Daily Podcast.
- The topic ‘Snacks Daily Podcast: Takeaway from May 18 – May 22, 2020 episodes’ is closed to new replies.