- This topic is empty.
2021-04-27 at 8:46 PM #3662暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer reveals his guide to the ‘earnings gauntlet’ as the biggest companies report (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/cramers-guide-to-the-earnings-gauntlet-it-is-pure-mayhem-out-there.html)
- For short-term investors looking to capitalize on surprises, Cramer revealed his guide to navigating the earnings gauntlet.
- “It’s far easier to invest in wrongfully convicted stocks that get knocked down because Wall Street misjudged their results,” he said.
Ticker: UPS, KO, GOOGL, AAPL, FB, GS, WFC, TSLA, UPN HON, RTX, T
A guide to the earnings gauntlet
1. The game is harder than it looks
2. Go after stocks where you believe in the CEO, when Others don’t
3. Find companies that are cheap versus the cohort
4. Look at what failed to rally
5. When it comes to sales & earnings, you can’t have just one surprise
6. Be sure a pandemic beneficiary is not slowing down
7. Find stocks that should’ve got up more
(2) Jim Cramer picks 10 dividend stocks that could benefit from Biden’s capital gains tax proposal (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/jim-cramer-dividend-stocks-to-benefit-from-capital-gains-tax-proposal.html)
- “If you’re worried about Biden’s plan to raise taxes on capital gains but not dividend income, well that’s not a reason to sell everything,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “If the capital gains rate goes up to 39.6% and the dividend rate stays the same at 20%, that instantly makes dividend stocks a heck of a lot more attractive,” he said on “Mad Money.”
- Cramer laid out 10 high-yielding stocks that could benefit from a capital gains tax proposal that the White House is expected to announce.
Cramer’s high-yield picks: AT&T (T), Kinder Morgan (KMI), Chevron (CVX), AbbVie (ABBV), IBM (IBM), Dow (DOW), Simon Property (SPG), Pfizer (PFE), LyondellBasell Industries (LYB), Crown Castle (CCI)
(3) Off-the-charts: potential short-term pain in the market (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/jim-cramer-on-how-investors-can-play-potential-short-term-market-pain.html)
- “The charts, as interpreted by Carolyn Boroden, suggest the S&P 500 could run into some real turbulence here and maybe we get a short-term sell-off,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- If the S&P 500 is due for a short-term downtrend, Cramer recommended that the average investor hold on and ride it out.
- “If the 5-day crosses below the 13, indicating that’s momentum turned against you, it’s also your cue to get out of Dodge.”
(4) Executive Interview: Centene CEO on tailwinds, headwinds affecting managed care industry (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/27/centene-ceo-on-tailwinds-headwinds-affecting-managed-care-industry.html)
Centene CEO Michael Neidorff discussed what he defines to be a “fickle” moment in the health insurance market.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: ‘I am a believer in Enphase Energy’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/cramer-lightning-round-i-am-a-believer-in-enphase-energy.html)
- Activision Blizzard: “Activision Blizzard is a good company and I’m a buyer.”
- Coty: “I think Coty’s making a comeback. I actually like the perfume carrier, but if I’m going to recommend Coty, it would be doing a disservice to Estee Lauder … I suggest you buy EL.”
- Draftkings: “I think it’s a very strong franchise … I think there will be a lot of NBA playoff gambling, so I don’t want to lose the train of thought there.”
- Futu: “We recommend Alibaba on this show and we can deal with JD and Baidu. Any more than that, we’re going to start running into a situation where I don’t trust the PRC.”
- Advance Auto Parts: “I have liked Advance Auto Parts for literally 100 points, and I’ve got to tell you I’m not backing away from it now … I think Advance Auto Parts is an excellent stock.”
- Rocket Companies: “I think these guys are very, very good at what they do. A lot of people feel that the housing boom is over. I think that’s ridiculous. Jay Farner is the CEO. I think he’s really good at his job and I want you to buy a little more, get that basis better.”
- Enphase Energy: “Enphase Energy is one of the greatest performing stocks for the last five years. The problem here is that it’s become one of those high-multiple casualties where people say forget about it. I am a believer in Enphase Energy. I’m OK with starting a half of position here and then waiting, simply because it does have a lot of bad money in it.”
- XL Fleet: “The short report about it was difficult and I’d like to have XL back to answer the short report, otherwise I can’t recommend it.”
Ticker: ATVI, COTY, EL, DKNG, FUTU, BABA, JD, BIDU, AAP, RKT, ENPH, XL
(6) [No Video Clip] Reddit’s targeting with MicroVision — Ticker: MVIS
Other Stocks discussed (calls with audiences): Agco (AGCO), Prudential Financial, (PRU), Inseego (INSG)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 27, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 27, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.