- This topic is empty.
2021-05-10 at 9:57 PM #3720暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, May 10, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Investors are being driven out of the flashy stocks into ‘boring’ names as the economy grows, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/10/jim-cramer-investors-are-leaving-flashy-stocks-for-boring-names.html)
- “The stocks that held up today are the ones that belong to companies with products that are in strong demand while supply remains limited,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- The Nasdaq Composite suffered a big drop on Monday, tech stocks have become a “source of funds” for more cyclical stocks, the “Mad Money” host said.
- “I say this is a market for grizzled veterans because if a company’s only been publicly traded for, say … a dozen years, it’s most likely getting crushed right now,” he said.
List of sectors and stocks that Cramer is bullish on:
- Mining and materials: Alcoa and Freeport-McMoRan
- Oils: Pioneer Natural Resources and Chevron
- Infrastructure: Caterpillar, Deere and United Rentals
- Homebuilders: Lennar, Toll Brothers and D.R. Horton
- Home improvement/furnishings: Williams-Sonoma, Wayfair, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Stanley Black & Decker and Best Buy
- Consumer products: PepsiCo, Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble
- Transports: J.B. Hunt, Norfolk Southern and Cummins
- Banks: Any bank
- Retail: L Brands, American Eagle Outfitters and Gap
- Agriculture: Mosaic, Deere and Agco
- Drug Business:
(2) RingCentral CEO: ‘We are seeing green lights everywhere’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/10/ringcentral-ceo-we-are-seeing-green-lights-everywhere.html)
RingCentral has consistently grown at a 30% clip year over year, meaning this is not just a pandemic story, CEO Vlad Shmunis said.
(3) Tesla, GM and Visa among the ‘Memorial Day trade’ stocks to play, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/10/jim-cramer-tesla-gm-and-visa-among-memorial-day-trade-stocks.html)
- GM, Tesla, Newell Brands, Camping World and Visa are among the summertime stocks that CNBC’s Jim Cramer said investors can play.
- Larry Williams’ “Memorial Day trade” is presenting an opportunity to trade or invest for the long-run, the “Mad Money” host said.
- “If you buy these summertime stocks the trading day before Memorial Day weekend, which is in three weeks, and then sell them one to 15 days later, you tend to make a bundle,” he said.
Ticker: TSLA, GM, NWL, CWH, V
(4) Executive Interview: Alteryx CEO on the use of analytics automation for census data (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/10/alteryx-ceo-on-the-use-of-analytics-automation-for-census-data.html)
Alteryx CEO Mark Anderson explained how the data analytics firm helped power the transformation of knowledge workers into citizen data scientists to carry out census counting.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Hawaiian Holdings is a winner (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/10/cramer-lightning-round-hawaiian-holdings-is-a-winner.html)
- Home BancShares: “It’s a good situation. I happen to like all these banks. This one’s fine. It’s moved up a lot, but they all have. It’s not that expensive. I like it.”
- Hawaiian Holdings: “It’s a winner because we can go to Hawaii and not worry about all the craziness overseas … I would stick with Hawaiian Holdings, but my favorite remains Southwest Air.”
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: “I’ve got to do work.”
- Teladoc Health: “There are too many companies who are in that business, and that’s why that stock has gone down. There’s an overwhelming supply of companies that do that and not as much demand, so I’m going to have to say, ’no, I would not buy more Teladoc.”
- Marathon Petroleum: “I love Marathon Pete. I think Marathon Pete’s terrific and even though it’s had a big move, I’d continue to buy it.”
Ticker: HOMB, HA, LUV, HMHC, TDOC, MPC
(6) [No Video Clip] Oversupply of new stocks — Ticker: MP
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): ArcelorMittal (MT), Novartis (NVS), WY Weyerhayser (WY), Callaway Golf Company (FLY), Five Below (FIVE)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 10, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 10, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.