- This topic is empty.
2022-02-23 at 9:30 PM #5061暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer expects an epic ‘snapback rally’ for stocks if inflation or Russian aggression gets resolved (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/cramer-expects-stock-rally-if-inflation-or-russian-aggression-resolve.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday that a market snapback is possible if the current biggest headwinds, the Russia-Ukraine crisis and soaring inflation, ease up.
- “We get a break in either one of these — inflation or Russian aggression — then you’re going to get a snapback rally of epic proportions,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(2) Executive Interview: Goldman’s consumer push showing ‘real growth,’ expected to more than double over 2 years, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/goldmans-consumer-push-will-more-than-double-over-2-years-ceo-david-solomon-says.html)
- Goldman Sachs expects investment into its digital consumer platform to really pay off in less than two years, CEO David Solomon told CNBC on Wednesday.
- Goldman Sachs launched its Marcus unit in 2016 in a push into digital-only consumer banking.
- “I put out a target at the end of 2024 of over $4 billion of revenue for that business,” he said, adding the unit had about $1.5 billion of revenue last year.
(3) Off-the-Chart: Cramer explains why veteran technical analyst Larry Williams expects stocks to rally soon (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/cramer-why-veteran-analyst-larry-williams-expects-stocks-to-rally.html)
- The stock market’s recent weakness may soon come to an end, according to veteran technical analyst Larry Williams.
- “The charts, as interpreted by Larry Williams, suggest that …. we’ve got a fabulous setup for a meaningful, possibly long-lasting rally that no one is looking for,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday.
Take Away: Market hit a bottom in the next five business days
(4) Executive Interview: New Peloton CEO says he’s not focused on raising prices, sees ‘very bright future’ ahead (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/new-peloton-ceo-barry-mccarthy-says-hes-not-focused-on-raising-prices.html)
- The new CEO of Peloton told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday he’s “not focusing on raising prices” as the company seeks to expand its customer base.
- “I’m focused on doing exactly the opposite and exploring how much price elasticity there is for the business,” Barry McCarthy said in a “Mad Money” interview.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Southern Copper should be higher (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/cramers-lightning-round-southern-copper-should-be-higher.html)
- Southern Copper: “I like copper too. It’s a great barometer of what’s happening in this country. We’re using more copper than ever. I think that stock should be higher not lower, I like the yield to it.”
- Lumen Technologies: “That stock is just falling apart. But it’s one of these things, again, it’s like digital solutions for business at home. I mean, there’s just no reason to have so many of these companies.”
- SentinelOne Inc: “SentinelOne is a very good cybersecurity company, but …Palo Alto [Networks] just put a great number, and it didn’t do anything much in the end, even though it did go up. So, how’s is this one going to go up? I say look elsewhere.”
- Crestwood Equity: “I like [natural gas liquids], I like the yield, I like the group. I’m OK with it.”
- Energy Transfer LP: “I like it. I wish [Chairman Kelcy Warren] would frankly allow someone younger come in, because he did some things in the environmental side that I’m not crazy about, but I do like [Energy Transfer].”
Ticker: SCCO, LUMN, S, CEQP, ET,
(6) [No Video Clip] The End of an Earnings ERA — Ticker: HD, LOW, PANW, TAP,
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Chipotle (CMG) [buy some every 200 points down], Ford (F) [Charitable Trust sold some waiting to buy back]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 23, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 23, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.