- This topic is empty.
2022-06-16 at 1:03 AM #5597暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, June 15, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Market bears should take note that Powell will stop inflation by ‘any means necessary,’ Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/15/jim-cramer-powell-will-stop-inflation-by-any-means-necessary.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday said that investors should be with Jerome Powell and not against him, as the Federal Reserve chair has proven he’s willing to take inflation down no matter what.
- “I think the Powell bears need a reset and a recalibration. … Turns out he’s willing to cause a slowdown,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(2) Take advantage of gold’s impending comeback with this best-of-breed stock, Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/15/take-advantage-of-golds-impending-comeback-with-this-best-of-breed-stock-cramer-says.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday said that he believes gold will make a recovery, and there’s one company in the industry that investors should consider adding to their portfolios.
- “I bet the precious metal can make a comeback. If I’m right, then the one to own is best of breed Barrick Gold, which I think is a steal down here,” he said.
Bull Case for Barrick: (i) Portfolio of Gold mines, (ii) Clear strategy & business plans, (iii) Management & Execution, (iv) Reasonable valuation, (v) Shareholder returns.
(3) Jim Cramer warns even high-quality low price-to-earnings stocks could get beaten down by a recession (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/15/jim-cramer-warns-even-high-quality-low-price-to-earnings-stocks-could-get-beaten-down-by-a-recession.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer warned investors on Wednesday that while there are some stocks with low price-to-earnings multiples that look cheap and therefore investable, it’s worth noting that they aren’t always recession-proof.
- “There are the higher-quality ones that you can justify owning if you feel a little more sanguine about the economy,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Low P/E Plays stocks to consider: Nucor (NUE), Toll Brothers (TOL), Ford (F), Whirlpool (WHR) <– “They could be great bets if the economy stays stable. However, because these stocks have toppled before during the height of the pandemic, it’s possible they will continue to fall if the market doesn’t recover.”
(4) Executive Interview: Dutch Bros CEO says costs of building materials are coming down (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/06/15/dutch-bros-ceo-says-costs-of-building-materials-are-coming-down.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Dutch Bros CEO Joth Ricci on Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Applied Materials is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/15/cramers-lightning-round-applied-materials-is-a-buy.html)
- Woodside Energy Group Ltd: “That’s a great company, and it’s got a great yield.”
- Prothena Corporation PLC: “We are recommending and own Eli Lilly for the Investing Club.”
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd: “I think Alibaba’s going higher, but I’m not recommending any Chinese stocks. … The Chinese economies are just too hard to deal with.”
- Applied Materials Inc: “I like AMAT very, very much. … I think you’ve got a great buy there.”
- ChargePoint Holdings Inc: “This is the kind of speculative stock that the Fed does not want you to win on, so let’s play with the Fed’s rules.”
- AMN Healthcare Services Inc: “This is really the time for AMN. I think you’ve just got a great opportunity to buy that.”
- Planet Fitness Inc: “I think the franchise is doing well. I don’t know, I think it’s an opportunity.”
- SoFi Technologies Inc: “If they’ve got the deposits, then they will do as well as the other banks that I’ve been saying, that if you have deposits, you’re going to do very well because the Fed is giving you basically free money.”
- Medical Properties Trust Inc: “I like that one. … I think it’s a good situation.”
- Meta Platforms Inc: “The best metaverse stock to invest [in] is Meta. … I think that they are going to be the winner.”
Ticker: WDS, PRTA, BABA, AMAT [like very much] , CHPT, AMN, PLNT, SOFI, MPW, FB
(6) Crypto needs to bite the dust for inflation to come down, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/06/15/crypto-needs-to-bite-the-dust-for-inflation-to-come-down-jim-cramer-says.html)
The “Mad Money” host on Wednesday said that investors to stop speculating on crypto for the Federal Reserve to beat inflation.
Other Stock Discussed (call with audiences): Inflation, Alphabet (GOOG) [cheapest growth stock in the US], Amazon (AMZN) [2nd half it will be accelerate] , Citibank (C) [can not recommend], Luminar Technologies (LAZR)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 15, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 15, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.