Mad Money: Key points from October 19, 2022 (Wednesday) episode

Home › Forums › Investments in the US › Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes › Mad Money: Key points from October 19, 2022 (Wednesday) episode

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #6483

      This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, October 19, 2022.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.

       

      (1) Jim Cramer makes the bull case for consumer goods stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/19/jim-cramer-makes-the-bull-case-for-consumer-goods-stocks.html)

      • CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday told investors to consider adding shares of well-established consumer packaged-goods companies to their portfolios.
      • Cramer highlighted three companies’ most recent quarterly results as examples of why investors should have such stocks on their shopping lists.

       

      (2) Buy shares of Netflix on the market’s next pullback, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/19/buy-shares-of-netflix-on-the-markets-next-pullback-jim-cramer-says.html)

      • CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday advised investors to pick up shares of Netflix in the next market dip.
      • “You put it on the top of your shopping list, you wait for the next pullback in the averages … and then you pull the trigger,” he said.

      Ticker: NFLX

       

      (3) Jim Cramer on two major airlines’ recent quarterly results (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/10/19/jim-cramer-on-two-major-airlines-recent-quarterly-results.html)

      Cramer on Wednesday gave the lowdown on Delta’s and United’s most recent quarters

      Ticker: Delta, UAL [UAL is stronger, but give blessing to buy both]

       

      (4) Executive Interview: BioMarin Pharmaceutical CEO on the company’s drug pricing strategy (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/10/19/biomarin-pharmaceutical-ceo-on-the-companys-drug-pricing-strategy.html)

      Cramer spoke with BioMarin Pharmaceutical CEO Jean-Jacques Bienaimé on Wednesday.

      Ticker: BMRN

       

      (5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like Procter & Gamble over Kimberly-Clark (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/19/cramers-lightning-round-i-like-procter-gamble-over-kimberly-clark.html)

      • Transocean Ltd: “It is a high-risk stock. I prefer to have something that is certainly a little bit more … known and already doing incredibly well, which is Halliburton.”
      • Tapestry Inc: “I think it’s an inexpensive stock. I think Coach is good. I’d like for them to come on the show. I think that it’s a good idea.”
      • Carnival Corp: “I don’t like Carnival, I prefer Norwegian Cruise. Better balance sheet, and I think that it’s going to do better.”
      • Kimberly-Clark Corp: “I’d much rather have you be in Procter & Gamble.”
      • Boeing Co: “As a long term position — that is really the operative term, because short-term, they keep doing things wrong.”
      • Chord Energy Corp: “My favorite [energy stock] right now is Pioneer.”
      • Quantumscape Corp: “It’s losing a lot of money … and we do not recommend stocks that are losing a lot of money.”

      Ticker: RIG, TPR, CCL, KMB, BA, CHRD, QS

       

      (6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer on the lesson investors can learn from Black Monday (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/10/19/jim-cramer-on-the-lesson-investors-can-learn-from-black-monday.html)

      Cramer on Wednesday explained what investors should take away from Black Monday.

       

      Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): DexCom (DXCM) [don’t stop someone to buy DXCM but expensive stock], FedEx (FDX) [too low to sell; hold it]

       

      Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of October 19, 2022

      Disclaimer

      ****************************

      Previous episode Next Episode

       

       

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from October 19, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.
Copied title and URL