- This topic is empty.
2023-05-20 at 1:01 AM #7038暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, May 19, 2023. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says ‘brace yourself’ for week ahead as lawmakers inch toward debt ceiling deal (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/19/jim-cramer-says-brace-yourself-for-next-weeks-debt-ceiling-deal-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer told investors on Friday to brace themselves and maintain a healthy cash position next week as lawmakers are expected to come to a debt ceiling deal.
- Cramer also said to look out for several notable earnings reports next week, including Zoom, Ulta Beauty and Best Buy.
Ticker: PANW [held by Charitable trust], BBY [small position of FL in charitable trust]
(2) [No Video Clip or non-Club Member] Flooring is the strongest part of home renovation sales, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/19/flooring-is-the-strongest-part-of-home-renovation-sales-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer takes questions from Investing Club members.
Ticker: BRK.B, WD [not good balance sheet], GS [buy GS], DE [AGCO is better holding than DE, or buy CAT which is owned by investment club], JB [only airline I like is Delta], MCD [MCD is terrific, I love WEN, YAM is great and considering for the investing club, and don’t forget CMG], BLDR [flooring is a strongest part] , NUE [we sold too soon in charitable trust, I am entice to go back but since we have CAT we do not want too many cyclical]
(3) [No Video Clip or non-Club Member] In many ways Charles Schwab benefited from turmoil in banking, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/19/in-many-ways-charles-schwab-benefited-from-turmoil-in-banking-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer breaks down the bull case for Charles Schwab.
“Bottom Line:.. If you’re wiling to be patient I think you can rack up some gains.”
(4) [No Video Clip or non-Club Member] Executive Interview: Jim Cramer sits down with AGCO CEO Eric Hansotia (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/19/jim-cramer-sits-down-with-agco-ceo-eric-hansotia.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer sits down with AGCO CEO Eric Hansotia to discuss the cost of farming, demand in the space, and more.
(5) Cramer’s Lightning Round: Keep an eye on Palantir (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/19/cramers-lightning-round-keep-an-eye-on-palantir.html)
- Zim Integrated Shipping: “I do not want you to go near that stock, and ’ve been dead right, [sell! sell! sell!].”
- Palantir: “Palantir has shifted, they have got religion, they’re doing the pivot, and by the way, Bob Pragada, who is the CEO of Jacobs, told me, ‘look out, Palantir’s doing some great stuff.’”
- Nextera Energy: “I like Nextera, I love growth utilities, and that’s Nextera. It’s a good call.”
- HF Sinclair Corporation: “Everyone keeps saying the numbers are going to come down a great deal. I’m with you — I don’t think, at this point, it has nearly as much risk, but look, let’s understand each other, it’s only because it’s down so much, I’ve not liked the stock.”
- Veeva Systems: “Veeva Systems is a very, very expensive stock, but a great company. Cloud-based software for the medical business, it’s really got the space to itself. I’m going to say yes, but you understand, this is a growth stock for younger people, not for older people because it is more risky than most I recommend on the show.”
Ticker: ZIM [sell sell sell], CTIC [take a pass for now], PLTR [buy buy buy], NEE [I like NEE], DINO [I don’t like the stock], VEEV [yes, but it is a growth stock for younger people], RRC [range is right to buy here, but CTRA is better]
(6) Jim Cramer breaks down how to identify ‘bubble’ stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/19/jim-cramer-breaks-down-how-to-identify-bubble-stocks.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer compares the current market to the the dot com bubble and how to identify a bubble stock in today’s market.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Devon Energy (DVN) [We bought PXD for charitable trust today, PDX is the one you want to be with], (DRI) [what a great place] Capital One (COF) [Warren buffet got a gigantic stake on COF], NU [company if Brazil, time to sell I do not like the political environment there], PayPal (PYPL) [Apple pay is killing, You have to go]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 19, 2023
Previous episode Next Episode
- The forum ‘Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes’ is closed to new topics and replies.