- This topic is empty.
2023-09-22 at 12:37 AM #7329暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, September 21, 2023. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer gives six reasons investors are currently selling off (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/21/cramer-gives-six-reasons-investors-are-currently-selling-off.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday proposed six reasons why investors are selling.
- Cramer’s reasons include interest rates, macroeconomic weakness and the country’s political climate.
Reasons aa seller sells:
- Interest Rates
- Microeconomic weakness
- Fear of giving up on gains (Locking in Gains)
- Federal Reserve
- Political Climate
“Bottom Line: Lower prices take these six reasons into account – that’s how you have to think about this market.”
(2) Executive interview： Constellation Energy CEO emphasizes the reliability of nuclear power (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/21/constellation-energy-ceo-emphasizes-the-reliability-of-nuclear-power-.html)
- The CEO of nuclear-powered utility Constellation Energy, Joe Dominguez, emphasized the reliability of nuclear power in an interview with CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- “The advantage of nuclear over anything else in the market is not only its scale but the fact is that, next time this year, I know how our fleet is going to perform,” Dominguez said.
(3) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Casey’s is a terrific business, the kind of stock Wall Street overlooks, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/21/caseys-is-a-terrific-business-the-kind-of-stock-wall-street-overlooks-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer talks Casey’s business model, what the stock has to offer and more.
“Bottom Line: I think CASY is a terrific biz the kind of stock Wall St often over looks, I think you could buy a kittle CASY here after its recent run up.”
(4) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Jim Cramer takes a closer look at the Nasdaq, putting the market moves into context (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/21/jim-cramer-takes-a-closer-look-at-the-nasdaq-putting-the-market-moves-into-context.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer takes a closer look at recent moved in the Nasdaq.
“Bottom Line: Williams called this recent sell off and he suggest that the pain could soon be over.”
(5) Cramer’s Lightning Round: SoFi is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/21/cramers-lightning-round-sofi-is-a-buy.html)
- Carpenter: “This is a very, very good company, Philadelphia-area company. Now the stock has had quite a run, I don’t know if I just want to come in and buy it, but you’ve got a winner there… I have liked that company for many, many years.”
- Golar: “Dice roll there…Honestly, if you’re going to be in LNG, just go to Coterra.”
- Aehr: “Very interesting testing company…I would rather see you in Emerson, as a matter of fact, I think it’s a better situation. Not totally analogous, but I like it.
- SoFi: “I think, if anything, I’m a buyer, not a seller, SoFi.”
- Harmonic: “It’s in telco and wireless and that is just not where you can be. It’s such a shame that we just kind of, that I’ve kind of written off a whole industry, but I have to be careful, that industry is not doing well.”
- Watsco: “Very, very good company…I got to tell you, when you look at HVAC, it doesn’t really matter, you can look at Carrier, you can look at Trane, you can look at Watsco, those are all very good stocks.”
Ticker: DY, CRS, GLNG, AEHR, SOFI, HLIT, WSO
(6) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Jim Cramer answers Investing Club members’ questions (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/21/jim-cramer-answers-investing-club-members-questions.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer revisits Investing Club member questions and answers them live on air.
- Is it a good idea to invest in any of the home building stocks such as DR Horton in a higher interest rate environment or is it safer to invest in Home Depot and Lowes? –> HD is for you
- How should the individual investor approach an IPO especially ARM? –> You have to look at other companies in the industry and figure out whether this stock is going to be too high where it opens or too low.
- Recent downgrades for RTX –> RTX is had to get your arms around because there are major problems with their marquee engine and I still cannot figure out how many more chargers there might be. Nobody knows.
- HSY — I don’t particularly like this. That’s why charitable trust owns PG
- Magnificent 7 and other AI have turbo charged my portfolio this year –> you have to diversify
- SAVE, merger JetBlu= should sell SAVE
- How do you balance taking profits and building a position? –> If a stock flies up after you buy the initial position, then you ned to sell and take a little profit. If the stock goes down quickly after you buy a position, something might wrong, so you got to do more work.
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Lululemon (LULU), Target (TGT) Danaher (DHR), Newell Brands (NWL), Macy’s (M)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of September 21, 2023
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from September 21, 2023 (Thursday) Episode’ is closed to new replies.