Mad Money: Key points from January 8, 2021 (Friday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from January 8, 2021 (Friday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, January 8, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) December jobs number makes new stimulus checks more likely, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/08/jim-cramer-december-jobs-report-makes-new-stimulus-checks-more-likely.html)

• The December unemployment results could revive “bad news is good news” sentiment on Wall Street, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
      • “Every disappointing jobs number like this one makes it more likely we’ll get another round of government stimulus checks to help cushion the blow,” the “Mad Money” host said.
      • The U.S. economy lost 140,000 jobs in December, though economists were expecting a gain of 50,000 jobs.

(2) [No Video Clip] Executive Interview: Interview with Micron — Ticker: MU

(3) [No Video Clip] How to approach to Lockup Expiration — Ticker: LMND [like company, but should take some off from table], FUBO [battleground stock, should stay away, its had to figure out which side is right], SNOW [3rd (and biggest) lock up expiration in March, should be buyer now and add more later], QS [low enough to like it now]

(4) Analyst Interview: J.P. Morgan’s Lisa Gill: Expect lots of vaccine talk at virtual health conference

Lisa Gill, managing director and senior analyst for health-care technology and distribution research at J.P. Morgan, gave a preview of what’s to come at the J.P. Morgan’s 39th Annual Healthcare Conference, including a keynote panel featuring CVS Health, McKesson, Pfizer, Moderna and Operation Warp Speed representatives.

Ticker: CVS, MCK, PFE, MRNR

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Buy Alibaba (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/08/cramers-lightning-round-buy-alibaba.html)

• GrowGeneration: “Take a little off the table.”
      • Deere: “Discipline conflicts with what the stock is. You have to take some of your cost basis out, but I do think Deere is going higher, but let me throw in Mosaic… Mosaic goes higher.”
      • Apartment Investment and Management: “I have no desire to own that one whatsoever, and I am so fed up with all the real estate investment trusts that I’m taking a giant [pass].”
      • Alibaba: “Yes, you should buy it.”

Ticker: MGNI, GRWG, DE, MOS, AIV, BABA

(6) [No Video Clip] The Future of Energy –Ticker: PLUG [but should wait for a pull back]

Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): Veeva Systems (VEEV), Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. III (IPOC), Perrigo Company (PRGO),  FROG [buy here, and buy more after expiration of lock up]

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 8, 2021.

Disclaimer

Previous Episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 8, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.