- This topic is empty.
2021-02-03 at 8:46 PM #3347暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, February 3, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer lays out 7 rules for new investors to follow: ‘We are at a critical point in this market’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/cramers-7-rules-for-new-investors-we-are-at-a-critical-point-in-this-market.html)
- “If you’re part of this new cadre of investors, I am begging you to follow my seven new rules,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday.
- “We are at a critical point in this market, a point where the cheapest stocks are often the best and the most expensive stocks are often the worst,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “I want to address the retail revolution … [and] put it in context, because sometimes revolutions fall apart,” he said.
(2) Executive Interview: Diagnostics provider Hologic expects Covid-19 testing capacities to boost business post-pandemic (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/hologic-expects-covid-19-testing-capacities-to-boost-business-post-pandemic.html)
- “We’ve clearly gotten a big bump up from our Covid testing,” Hologic CEO Steve Macmillan told CNBC.
- Macmillan said the diagnostics company distributed 372 Panther testing machines to health entities in 2020 in response to the coronavirus pandemic, up from about 100 in 2019.
- “As we come out of the pandemic, we’re that much more established and we’ll run all of our regular tests in all of those additional locations,” he said in an appearance on “Mad Money.”
(3) Executive Interview: E.L.F. Beauty posts 10% revenue growth, raises guidance as CEO sees ‘pent-up demand’ ahead (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/elf-beauty-raises-guidance-as-ceo-sees-pent-up-demand-ahead.html)
- E.L.F. Beauty posted double-digit revenue growth for the fiscal 2021 third quarter and raised guidance for the current quarter.
- “Part of how we’ve delivered that sales growth is we continued to invest in the business for the long term,” CEO Tarang Amin said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- “I think there’s a pent-up demand for people to express themselves,” he said when discussing his post-pandemic outlook.
(4) Executive Interview: Skyworks Solutions CEO on navigating through the chip shortage (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/03/skyworks-solutions-ceo-on-navigating-through-the-chip-shortage.html)
Skyworks Solutions CEO Liam Griffin discussed how the semiconductor company has mitigated a chip shortage that has impacted the industry and his bullish outlook for the 5G rollout.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Futu is a very good spec in China (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/cramer-lightning-round-futu-is-a-very-good-spec-in-china.html)
- Futu Holdings: “Futu is a very, very good spec in China, and I don’t recommend many specs in China.”
- EBay: “I’m going to say [buy].”
- Magellan Midstream Partners: “I don’t recommend any pipeline stocks … This group has had it.”
- Verizon Communications: “I think Verizon’s fine. I’ve never gotten hurt recommending Verizon to people. I do like T-Mobile more … T-Mobile is doing better, but I think Verizon is fine and I do like yield.”
Ticker: FUTU, EBAY, MMP, VZ
(6) [No Video Clip] The Winner of Business — Takeaway: “Oftentimes, people approach the stock business like a contest — Often betting on one winner. ” “Unlike in sports, there are multiple winners when it comes to the stock business.” “When it comes to AMZN & GOOGL — You, the shareholder, are the winner.”
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): Nokia (NOK) [not a buyer, not good enough]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 3, 2021.
- Google Podcast (Sounds)
- Internet Archive (Video & Texts per minute)
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 3, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.