- This topic is empty.
2021-02-05 at 8:44 PM #3359暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, February 5, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Fundamentals matter again after Reddit trading frenzy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/05/cramers-week-ahead-fundamentals-matter-again-in-wake-of-reddit-craze.html)
- “Last week the Reddit revolutionaries produced some crazy action, which caused a bunch of important strategists to go downright negative,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “Their newfound negativity allowed us to get back on track because it meant we had lots of bears who could then turn back into bulls as the week went on,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “I can’t guarantee that this week’s placid run will continue … but, thankfully, it feels like we’re back in the business of trying to make money again by finding the stocks of companies with good fundamentals,” he said.
Earning Call Schedule; [Monday] Take-Two Interactive, Simon Properties; [Tuesday] DuPont [buy], Canopy Growth, Cisco, Twitter; [Wednesday] General Motors, Zynga, Coca-Cola; [Thursday] PayPal [buy beforehand] ; PepsiCo, Disney; [Friday] Newell
(2) Executive Interview: Brunswick CEO: Momentum from 2020 is carrying over the next two years (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/05/brunswick-ceo-momentum-from-2020-is-carrying-over-the-next-two-years.html)
Brunswick CEO Dave Foulkes explains why the watercraft manufacturer raised its guidance for 2021 and 2022 as the company responds to high demand and low inventory of boats.
(3) Executive Interview: Estee Lauder shares pop 7% after company snaps three straight quarters of sales declines (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/05/estee-lauder-snaps-three-straight-quarters-of-sales-declines.html)
- Estee Lauder posted 5% revenue growth in its most recent quarter, which comes after the cosmetics company saw sales decline almost 17% since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
- “Consumers are using more skin care,” CEO Fabrizio Freda told CNBC’s Jim Cramer. He said skin care sales, e-commerce and Asian markets were key drivers in the company’s fiscal second quarter.
- “Skin care is working well because the Asian populations are the most demanding consumers in terms of skin, and they’re driving most of this global trend,” Freda said.
(4) Executive Interview: Sanofi CEO says Dupixent eczema drug is game-changing for company (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/05/sanofi-ceo-says-dupixent-eczema-drug-is-game-changing-for-company.html)
“This is a once in a generation medicine,” Sanofi CEO Paul Hudson said of Dupixent, a therapy for allergic diseases such as eczema, asthma and nasal polyps that’s seeing rapid sales growth.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: nCino is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/05/cramers-lightning-round-ncino-is-a-buy.html)
- Penumbra: “The revenues aren’t going the way I would like it, but I do think that you’ve got a decent spec.”
- Snap: “It’s been terrific and it’s not done. It goes much higher.”
- NCino: “I think this is a sensational situation. … It’s a fantastic fintech stock … It is such a good company and it is a buy.”
- Vaxart: “Maybe it bounces, but those were disappointing results. Period, end of story. I can’t put anything good on those numbers. That was not the results that we wanted to see.”
- UWM Holdings: “They reported an amazing quarter and the stock didn’t go up and, frankly, this is a group that I don’t really want to be affiliated with. I’m going to have say you should put your money elsewhere.”
- Renewable Energy: “I say own.”
- EXp World Holdings: “It’s up 100%, so I say let’s do some [profit-taking].”
Ticker: PEN, SNAP, NCNO, VXRT, UWMC, REGI, EXPI
(6) [No Video Clip] New Habits die hard? — Takeout: “I suggest you wait to see how plays like PTON & CLX shake out in a post-pandemic world.”
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): VG Acquisition (VGAC) [move on], Johnson and Johnson (JNJ) [buy when it comes down], Draftkings (DKNG) [buy buy buy]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 5, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 5, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.