- This topic is empty.
2021-02-04 at 10:57 PM #3356暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, February 4, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) From Apple to Honeywell, Jim Cramer’s 13 dream team Super Bowl-ready stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/from-apple-to-honeywell-jim-cramers-13-dream-team-super-bowl-ready-stocks.html)
- “The market’s always been a game, albeit one with very real stakes,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “The name of the game is finding all-star companies that can handle all kinds of setbacks and still get you to the championship,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “These players can do that. GameStop can’t. Nor can AMC or Nokia or any of the other meme stocks. Those are for practice, this line up is for posterity,” he said.
[Quarterback] AAPL; [Running back] NIKE; [Receivers] AMZN, TSLA, GOOGL; [Tight end] MSFT; [Center] WMT [bargain, buy tomorrow]; [Guard] PYPL, DIS; [Tackle] COST, HD; [Kicker] CMG; [Defense] HON
(2) Executive Interview: Clorox looking at long-term growth as consumers change at-home habits, CEO Linda Rendle says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/clorox-ceo-linda-rendle-consumers-are-changing-at-home-habits.html)
- “We have our sights set on accelerating the growth in the long term and we see tremendous opportunity to do that,” Rendle said.
- Clorox reported 27% percent growth in its most recent quarter, the fourth quarter of double-digit growth in the past five.
- “We’re going to deliver innovation that helps delight them,” Rendle said of customers.
(3) Jim Cramer issues caution about ‘celebrity SPAC plays’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/jim-cramer-issues-caution-about-celebrity-spac-plays.html)
- “The SPAC cycle is starting to look like an IPO cycle,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “They give you the good merchandise early, like DraftKings … or the better EV plays, but then they start peddling junk,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “These newer SPACs increasingly feel like an inside joke for the super-rich and a way for celebrities to monetize their reputations,” he said.
(4) Executive Interview: Rockwell Automation CEO on Thermo Fisher Scientific, Kraft Heinz partnerships (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/11/29/pvh-ceo-we-have-to-raise-prices-if-tariffs-go-to-25-percent.html)
Rockwell Automation CEO Blake Moret broke down the industrial automation and information technology company’s relationships with Thermo Fisher Scientific and Kraft Heinz.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Upwork is a ‘terrific idea’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/cramer-lightning-round-upwork-is-a-terrific-idea.html)
- Upwork: “I think it’s a terrific idea.”
- 3D Systems: “It’s back. 3D Systems is real.”
- Rocket Companies: “We’re not playing that short-squeeze game. That was a one and done and, frankly, if you like mortgages and you like Rocket, that’s fine, but we certainly never want to buy a stock because we think that the shorts are going to be on the run.”
- Danimer Scientific: “I am inclined to like this, but so far there’s never been a real successful biodegradable that can scale, and that’s one of the reasons why, oddly enough, that Dow Chemical continues to do so well. I think it’s interesting, it’s intriguing, but please it is just a spec, nothing more than that.”
- NortonLifeLock: “I do like the franchise and I think it’s got a good brand name.”
- LHC Group: “I always default to Centene.”
Ticker: UPWK, DDD, RKT, DNMR, NLOK, LHCG, CNC
(6) [No Video Clip] When there is a need there’s a way — Ticker: PLUG, TSLA
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): Glaxosmithkline (GSK) [Don’t like it. Swap with bristle myor right here right now], FedEx (FDX) [prefer UPS], Norwegian Cruise Line (NCLH) [Buy now], Churchill Capital (CCIV)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 4, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 4, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.