Mad Money: Key points from February 9, 2021 (Tuesday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from February 9, 2021 (Tuesday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Jim Cramer offers strategies to capitalize on the next market sell-off (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/jim-cramer-offers-strategies-to-capitalize-on-the-next-market-sell-off.html)

• “The market is often wrong, especially during earnings season. You need memory to take advantage of these temporary multi-day declines,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
      • “You need to remember what got plastered the last time and then bounced right back, so that you’re ready for the next opportunity,” the “Mad Money” host said.
      • The Dow Jones and S&P 500 both snapped a six-day winning streak on Tuesday after the indexes dipped during the session.

Stock & Ticker: Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), Constellation Brands (STZ), Canopy Growth Corporation (CGC), Simon Property Group (SPG) [still cheap], Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRT)

(2) Executive Interview: Study platform Chegg expects to reach 1 million international subscribers in 2021 (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/chegg-expects-to-reach-1-million-international-subscribers-in-2021.html)

• Chegg reached 6.6 million subscribers in 2020 and is now turning its attention to international expansion in 2021.
      • “Over the course of the year, we’re going to crest over 1 million subscribers outside the United States across 190 different countries,” CEO Dan Rosensweig told CNBC.
      • “What we do is something that every student around the world clearly needs, and we’re proud of what we’re doing,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.

Ticker: CHGG [more room to run] 

(3)Executive Interview:  ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ sold 20 million units in 2020, the most since its 2013 release, Take-Two CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/take-two-ceo-grand-theft-auto-v-sold-record-20-million-units-in-2020.html)

• “Grand Theft Auto V” video game sold 20 million units in 2020, bringing its total sales to 140 million since the initial release in 2013, according to figures released in Take-Two’s corporate earnings reports.
      • “It’s absolutely amazing that ‘Grand Theft Auto’ has sold more units in calendar 2020 than it did in any year since its original release in 2013. It’s just extraordinary,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
      • Rockstar Games has sold more than 335 million units of the “Grand Theft Auto” series since the first installment launched in the late 1990s.

Ticker: TTWO

(4) Executive Interview: Bill.com CEO: Small and medium-sized businesses need innovation (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/09/billcom-ceo-small-and-medium-sized-businesses-need-innovation.html)

Bill.com CEO Rene Lacarte discussed the software company’s mission to help businesses automate back office work, introducing digital processes to enterprises that the firms are missing.

Ticker: BILL

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Cummins is my choice for an industrial (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/cramers-lightning-round-cummins-is-my-choice-for-an-industrial.html)

• Box: “I don’t understand. [CEO] Aaron Levie is so good, the stock cannot get out of its way. I’m not giving up on Aaron Levie. I think he’s the real deal, but at $18 you’ve got to wait for the next full quarter, which is not going to be on March 2nd, before you see anything go on. So, you’re going to be cool on you heels.”
      • Aspen Aerogels: “Well that’s good because it’s a housing play and we have a polar vortex going on, sir. There will be more insulation bought this weekend at Home Depot than we’ve seen in ages. It’s at a $52 week high and it is not done because it happens to be very small and we need situations like that to invest in.”
      • Cummins: “Cummins is my choice for an industrial.”
      • Poshmark: “Poshmark is a very expensive stock. They have to deliver. … I’m not going to give up on Poshmark, but it is more expensive than” Stitch Fix.
      • Ocugen: “You’re rolling the dice on that one. … I do think that this is a company that is too expensive.”

Ticker: BOX, ASPN, HD, CMI, POSH, SFIXOCGN

(6) [No Video Clip] Man vs Machine — “There are millions of jobs created thanks to tech. But it also played a role in wiping out the day job.” “If you look at the economy as between service and tech you find the old-guard being overrun.” “What seems t be winning in this market is the technology of replacement”

Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): RiteAid (RAD) [good but not great], Royal Dutch (RDS-A) [do not buy], Electronic Arts (EA) + Glu Mobile (GLUU)

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 9, 2021.

Disclaimer

Previous Episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 9, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.