- This topic is empty.
2021-02-10 at 8:47 PM #3376暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, February 10, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) The stock market is on a ‘highway to the danger zone,’ Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/the-stock-market-is-on-a-highway-to-the-danger-zone-jim-cramer-says.html)
- “You wouldn’t know it from the sedate action in the averages” but Wall Street is on “a highway to the danger zone,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “In a frothy market, stocks will have enormous rallies that are totally disconnected from the underlying fundamentals,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “I am not saying sell everything. I am simply begging you to exercise some discipline and sell something because nobody ever got hurt taking a profit,” he said.
- Signs of Market Froth:
- SPAC surge
- Short squeeze stocks
(2) Executive Interview: Strong holiday quarter sales gave Mattel its ‘best performance in years,’ CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/mattel-ceo-strong-consumer-demand-led-to-best-performance-in-years.html)
- Mattel reported its first full-year of growth in years and its strongest holiday sales quarter since 2006.
- “This was an exceptional quarter for Mattel with our best performance in years with strong consumer demand and another milestone year for the company,” CEO Ynon Kreiz said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- “It’s about the multi-year strategy that is tracking very well, which puts us in a strong position to continue to increase profitability and accelerate our growth in 2021 and beyond,” he said.
(3) [No Vide Clip] Off-the-Chart: Silver’s Failed Short Squeeze — “Cramer on Reddit’s target and why the price action did not mimic GameStop’s Moves” “Bottom-line: Let Silver be a lesson — You can’t engineer a short squeeze when there aren’t enough shorts…”
(4) Executive Interview: Juniper Networks CEO says company is ‘firing on all cylinders,’ seeks sustainable revenue growth (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/10/juniper-networks-ceo-says-company-seeks-sustainable-revenue-growth-in-2021.html)
Despite the coronavirus pandemic, Juniper Networks CEO Rami Rahim said the networks products company had a record year for enterprise business driven by artificial intelligence demand.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Take your cost basis out of GrowGeneration (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/cramers-lightning-round-take-your-cost-basis-out-of-growgeneration.html)
- Mitek Systems: “It’s a good company.”
- GrowGeneration: “I’m not going to recommend it at $63 when I recommended it at $14.50. Anybody who bought it off my suggestion, I want your [cost] basis taken out tomorrow, tomorrow morning.”
- Magnite: “Even though the stock was down very badly today, I’m going to tell you to buy.”
- Qualcomm: “Qualcomm’s a very good company. … They are hostage to this problem with foundries. They can’t get the chips, and because of that, they’re going to have to be in the penatly box for a full quarter. They will come out of it, but you go with a Skyworks Solutions, not them, because Skyworks build their own foundries and will never let themselves be hostage.”
- Westport Fuel Systems: “The stock’s had a big run. I’m not recommending buying it at this level.”
- Fubotv: “There are so many better stocks than that, but I know it is part of the YOLO ride, so I’m not going to be against it if you actually own it.”
Ticker: MITK, GRWG, MGNI, QCOM, SWKS, WPRT, FUBO
(6) [No Video Clip*] Jim Cramer: U.S. government should build a complex of semiconductor foundries (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/10/jim-cramer-the-us-should-build-a-complex-of-semiconductor-foundries.html) *Video clip is available only for subscriber of CNBC Pro.”
The federal government can address the nation’s unemployment crisis and global shortage of semiconductors by funding development of semiconductor factories, the “Mad Money” host said.
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): Utz Brands (UTZ), Porch Group (PRCH), Lithium Americas (LAC) [it is a commodity, and Cramer does not trust commodity]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 10, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 10, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.