- This topic is empty.
2021-03-24 at 8:37 PM #3524暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, March 24, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer advises buying high-quality cyclicals on any weakness (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/jim-cramer-advises-buying-high-quality-cyclicals-on-any-weakness.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer suggested individual investors adjust their portfolios to the reopening trade as institutional investors get fully behind cyclical companies.
- “You need to use any opportunity to buy high-quality cyclicals into weakness,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Cramer highlighted the trading action in Union Pacific as one example.
Ticker: FANG, UNP, KSU, CP, ADBE, GIS, MP, GOOGL [great re-opening play],
(2) Executive Interview: Nucor CEO says $4 billion investing strategy is paying dividends (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/24/nucor-ceo-says-4-billion-investing-strategy-is-paying-dividends.html)
Nucor CEO Leon Topean reports that the steel producer’s metrics are at or near historic highs as the U.S. economy picks up steam after last year’s pandemic-induced downturn.
(3) Cramer says GameStop remains overvalued, despite promising Q4 report (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/cramer-says-gamestop-remains-overvalued-despite-promising-q4-report.html)
- “I’m much more of a believer than I was yesterday, but I also think you’re taking your life in your hands if you buy the stock up here,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said reacting to GameStop’s earnings report.
“Let it sink to the mid-double digits, then I’ll get back to you,” the “Mad Money” host said.
“As long as it’s in the triple digits, it’s trading like the turnaround has already happened,” he said.
(4) Executive Interview: United Wholesale Mortgage says its crosstown war with Quicken Loans is paying off (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/uwm-ceo-says-fight-with-quicken-loans-is-paying-off.html)
- United Wholesale Mortgage and Quicken Loans are at odds over an ultimatum issued by UWM earlier this month.
- CEO Matt Ishbia defended the move, in which UWM said it would no longer work with any mortgage brokers who also conducted business with Quicken and another competitor.
- “My business is not designed to make my competitors like me,” he said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: ‘Bank of America is very, very inexpensive’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/cramers-lightning-round-bank-of-america-is-very-very-inexpensive.html)
- Stamps.com: “I think you should sell it. I think it’s a stay-at-home, work-at-home, not-as-heavily shorted stock, and there’s better ones out there.”
- Cemex: “Cemex is always a cheap stock and never seems to be able to deliver, frankly. Mexican cement, but I do believe Mexico is about to have a resurgence. Six bucks? Yeah, I’d do a little.”
- JFrog: “They didn’t blow their numbers away. You know when you have that high multiple, you’re going to have to blow the numbers away, and they did not do it … I have to say no to the JFrog.”
- Bank of America: “It’s the kind of stock that people want. I mean, there’s no doubt about it, but I do feel that … people are starting to regroup and say, ‘let’s just pull away from this market, let it come down a little,’ but Bank of America is very, very inexpensive as the group is, even after this run.”
- Devon Energy: “I don’t like the oils, but [CEO] Rick Muncrief he is [ca-ching, ca-ching], so take it for what it’s worth.”
Ticker: STMP, CX, FROG, BAC, DVN
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): C3.ai (AI), Corning (GLW), Norwegian Cruise Line (NCLH)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of March 24, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from March 24, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.