- This topic is empty.
2021-04-19 at 9:59 PM #3627暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, April 19, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cyclical stocks are driving the market to new highs while momentum plays like Tesla and Zoom are stalling, Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/jim-cramer-momentum-stocks-like-tesla-zoom-and-spacs-are-stalling.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the stock market is divided between old investors buying cyclical stocks and young investors holding on to last year’s high-flying momentum stocks.
- “The house of pleasure has walls made of traditional stocks that hold up under scrutiny, but the house of pain has been falling apart,” the “Mad Money” host said.
House of Pleasure Stocks: EMR, GDI, HON, PPG, HD, LOW, JPM, WFC
House of Pain Stocks: (a) Tesla (TSLA), (b) lockdown stocks, such as Zoom Video (ZM), (c) cruise stocks, (d) SPAC such as QuantumScape (QS), Romeo Power (RMO), Lucid Motors [merging with CCIV], MP Materials (MP), Nikola (NKLA), Lordstown (RIDE), (e) Plug Power, (f) Peloton (PTON)
(2) Interview: JPMorgan’s Matthew Boss: The start of a multi-wave recovery in retail (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/19/jpmorgans-matthew-boss-the-start-of-a-multi-wave-recovery-in-retail.html)
J.P. Morgan’s retail analyst Matt Boss discussed his findings from the J.P. Morgan 7th Annual Retail Roundup Conference.
Ticker: (denim trend stocks) LEVI, AEO, GAP; (casual trend stocks) NIKE, LULU, VFC
(3) [No Video Clip] Why you should not sell Constellation Brands — Ticker: STZ
(4) Jim Cramer recommends buying SPAC-target Grab at lower price levels (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/jim-cramer-recommends-buying-spac-target-grab-at-lower-price-levels.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer recommended investors interested in owning Grab should buy shares under $11.50.
- Grab is set to go public via a blank-check merger with Altimeter Growth in the largest-ever SPAC deal.
“It’s not just the future that looks bright. Unlike most SPAC plays,
- Grab’s doing incredibly well right now, right here,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Ticker: AGC, GRAB
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Hold Williams-Sonoma (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/cramer-lightning-round-hold-williams-sonoma.html)
- Penn National: “I’m going to stick by the stock, but it is still up for the year, and understand that there’s a lot of hot money in Penn Nat.”
- Williams-Sonoma: “I want you to hold Williams-Sonoma. Williams-Sonoma, it goes in fit and starts. It just kind of marks time, goes down a little bit, and then it reports a great quarter and then it rallies. I think you have to be in for that again. I think that [CEO] Laura Alber is going to do a fantastic job … I think RH is going to have another great quarter.”
- PennyMac Financial Services: “I think you’re fine with that. … I don’t think it’s special enough to be exciting for me versus even owning a JPMorgan or Bank of America, though.”
- Exp World Holdings: “Down here I think you’re OK, but it’s a $4.9 billion valuation and I think that is a little too high for a company that doesn’t have anything that special.”
- MicroVision: “This is what I call a true battleground stock. … and you have to avoid battleground stocks. There are better fish to fry.”
- UWM Holdings: “I would not sell taht stock here. It’s just too low.”
- Ast Spacemobile: “I’ve got to do more work.”
Ticker: PENN, WSM, PFSI, JPM, BAC, EXPI, MVIS, UWMC, ASTS
(6) [No Video Clip] Ticker: GME
Other Stocks discussed (calls with audiences): Micron Technology (MU) [went up so much, cannot go even higher], Walmart (WMT) [love WMT, stock will go higher]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 19, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 19, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.