- This topic is empty.
2021-04-23 at 8:29 PM #3650暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, April 23, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: The market is creating ‘unbelievable buying opportunities’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/cramers-week-ahead-the-stock-market-is-creating-buying-opportunities.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer previewed corporate earnings reports circled on his calendar next week.
- “There will be reports next week that are met with negativity and not all of them will be genuinely bad, so I’m urging you to take advantage of that weakness,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “As we head into the next five days of earnings, you need to think about what gets crushed as much as what is working because this market’s creating some unbelievable buying opportunities,” Cramer said.
(2) Executive Interview: American Electric Power CEO: The clean energy economy is moving (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/23/american-electric-power-ceo-the-clean-energy-economy-is-moving.html)
American Electric Power CEO Nick Akins said the major electric utility is working to become on eof the largest regulated renewable companies in the U.S.
(3) Executive Interview: Skyworks CEO on chipmaker’s planned entrance into the automotive end market (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/23/skyworks-ceo-on-chipmakers-plans-to-enter-the-automotive-end-market.html)
Skyworks Solutions CEO Liam Griffin explained what opportunities the semiconductor manufacturer sees in the auto market after announcing a deal to acquire a business segment from Silicon Labs.
(4) Executive Interview: Nucor CEO expects strong 2021 after posting record quarterly profit (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/nucor-ceo-expects-strong-2021-after-posting-record-quarterly-profit.html)
- Nucor reported record earnings in the first quarter of 2021.
- “Nucor expects next quarter to be strong, but quite frankly, with all the indicators we look at, we anticipate 2021 staying strong throughout the year,” Nucor CEO Leon Topalian told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- Topalian said the quarter tops off the company’s nearly $4 billion capital investment campaign, including on a new plant that will increase its exposure to the renewable energy market.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Ferrari is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/cramer-lightning-round-ferrari-is-a-buy.html)
- Ferrari: “Ferrari’s fabulous. Just fabulous. I call that a buy.”
- ChargePoint: “We do like the field, but it’s a crowded field. All that said, we can get a nice short squeeze going there for a couple of days, but I wouldn’t hang around. Too many players.”
- Palantir: “I think Palantir’s for real. Unfortunately, it’s a big black box. A lot of the contracts, we can’t tell what’s in them. I happen to like other software companies a little bit more, like a Microsoft, but this is a stock that is a Cathie Wood stock. She’s a very competent manager … She herself could take this thing higher if she wants to.”
- Smith & Wesson: “This is a problematic security … All I can say is that if you want to own it, that’s fine. I’m not recommending the stock.”
- Sorrento Therapeutics: “There’ll be a news release and it’ll spike 3-4 points … and that’ll give you a chance to get out.”
- Clean Energy Fuels: “I don’t want you to overstay your welcome here because after all these years it’s still not making any money, and that’s not for me.”
- Sonos: “Sonos is killing it … I am pro Sonos.”
- Mohawk: “I do prefer Whirlpool.”
- Paysafe: “I like that company very much. I’m surprised that it’s down so much. I’m a buyer.”
Ticker: RACE, CHPT, PLTR, MSFT, SWBI, SRNE, CLNE, MHK, WHR, PSFE
Other Stocks discussed (calls with audiences): Raytheon (RTX) [great opportunity to buy, can go back to pre-COVID], Twilio (TWLO) [hold on], United Airline (UAL)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 23, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 23, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.