- This topic is empty.
2021-04-22 at 7:53 PM #3644暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, April 22, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Fears of Biden’s capital gains tax proposal are discounting stocks, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/jim-cramer-fears-of-bidens-capital-gains-tax-are-discounting-stocks.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said investors are unnecessarily selling stocks on reports that President Joe Biden could raise capital gains taxes.
- “The idea that Biden has 50 senators who’ll vote for this is just fanciful, frankly,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “Be ready to buy stocks that are getting crushed by tax fears that have nothing to do with the fundamentals,” he said.
Cramer’s rules for smart investing
- Don’t fear the tax man
- Don’t worry about where a stock came from, just where it’s going
- Be ready to buy stocks going down because of taxes, not fundamentals
- Watch for stocks with good yields
(2) Executive Interview: Nestle CEO says business case for sustainability emerges as consumers demand it more than before (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/nestle-ceo-the-business-case-for-sustainable-investing-is-emerging.html)
- Nestle is maintaining growth while making major investments in climate initiatives, CEO Mark Schneider told CNBC.
“Today’s consumer asks even more than before for sustainability.
- They want to know that we are treating the planet well, they want to know we’re taking care of the next generation,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- “I think there’s a good business case emerging and that’s what we’re pursuing,” Schneider said.
(3) Executive Interview: Mattel CEO discusses ‘record quarter’ for the maker of iconic toy brands (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/22/mattel-ceo-talks-record-quarter-for-the-maker-of-iconic-toy-brands.html)
Mattel’s results from the first quarter reflect the company’s multi-year transformation strategy that put the toy manufacturer in position to accelerate growth, CEO Ynon Kreiz said.
(4) Executive Interview: Intel CEO: The world needs a more balanced semiconductor supply chain (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/22/intel-ceo-the-world-needs-a-more-balanced-semiconductor-supply-chain.html)
As the world becomes more digital and relies on semiconductors, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger said the company is investing in new foundries to help bolster the U.S.’s position in the chip market.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Align Technology is the ‘quintessential selfie stock’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/cramer-lightning-round-align-is-the-quintessential-selfie-stock.html)
- Oscar Health: “I don’t need Oscar Health … because UnitedHealth reported an unbelievable quarter the other day that had no flies on it. You buy UNH.”
- Align Technology: “I’ve been saying that it’s too late for a long time, and it’s not … because this is the quintessential selfie stock … All people want is to look good and feel good, and Align does that.”
- Inseego: “Down here at $8, I don’t want you to be a seller. Enough is enough. I’m not saying buy, but not selling it down here.”
- Luminar Technologies: ’I’m a little gunshy, given the fact that we can’t seem to get the technology right. I put that one in the more of a long-range camp, not anything near term.”
- Tattooed Chef: “I’m not going to be against it. I am for Tattooed Chef, but not aggressive. It’s very expensive.”
Ticker: OSCR, UNH, ALGN, INSG, LAZR, TTCF,
(6) [No Video Clip] Ticker – LRCX
Other Stocks discussed (calls with audiences): PayPal Holdings (PYPL), DocuSign (DOCU)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 22, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 22, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.