- This topic is empty.
2021-04-29 at 9:09 PM #3672暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, April 29, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer recommends owning food stocks and names hurt by the chip shortage (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/cramer-recommends-owning-food-stocks-and-names-hurt-by-chip-shortage.html)
- “I think today was a powerful lesson you need a diversified portfolio with both smokestack [stocks] that use semiconductors … and also defensive food stocks with big dividends,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Cramer said Apple, Caterpillar and Ford Motor — whose shares fell in Thursday’s session — are worth buying on any declines connected to the low supply of semiconductors.
Food stocks like PepsiCo, Mondelez and Hershey are also buys.
Ticker: AAPL, CAT, F, PEP, MDLZ, HSY
(2) Executive Interview: Caterpillar CEO on infrastructure bill (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/29/caterpillar-ceo-on-infrastructure-bill.html)
Caterpillar CEO Jim Umpleby said he expects that infrastructure legislation being discussed on Capitol Hill will have a positive impact on the heavy machinery company.
(3) Executive Interview: Domino’s Pizza CEO says phone ordering is near obsolete as digital sales continue to climb (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/dominos-ceo-says-digital-sales-continue-to-climb-pandemic.html)
- More than 75% of orders are now being placed through digital channels, up from 70% prior to Covid-19, Domino’s Pizza CEO Ritch Allison told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- “As we look forward, those are the kinds of movements that happened during Covid that we don’t believe are going back,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- “We feel really well-positioned from a technology standpoint, and with the market still so very fragmented, there’s a lot of share to be gained broadly across the market as we see it,” Allison said.
(4) Executive Interview: Align Technology CEO reports having 10 million orthodontics patients (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/29/align-technology-ceo-reports-having-10-million-orthodontics-patients.html)
Digital orthodontics has created a revolution with people wanting to change their smiles, Align Technology CEO Joe Hogan said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Southwest Air is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/cramer-lightning-round-southwest-air-is-a-buy.html)
- Northern Genesis Acquisition: “I happen to be very partial right now to Tesla.”
- JetBlue Airways: “You don’t want to buy JetBlue. You’re buying Southwest Air, symbol LUV. [CEO] Gary Kelly, best operator.”
- Genworth Financial: “It’s a risky stock. I have a life insurance policy with them. That’s about as close as I want to get to them.”
- Viatris: “Nothing to see. Keep moving on. … That’s a cats-and-dogs stock, and I’d rather see you in Petco.”
- General Electric: “Once people start flying again, which they’re starting to do, this is going to be one. You know I like Honeywell very much. I think they’re both great stocks.”
- J2 Global: “You own the one that Vivek Shah is staying with. He’s one of the greatest business people I have ever met, honest as the day is long and terrific.”
- Avient Corp: “I have not looked at that specific plastic company. I do like all the plastic companies. I like Dow as my favorite.”
Ticker: NGA, TSLA, JBLU,LUV, GNW, VTRS, GE, HON, JCOM, AVNT, DOW
(6) Cramer backs Ford, undrafted in the CNBC Stock Draft, to outperform recovery favorites (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/jim-cramer-backs-ford-to-outperform-recovery-favorites.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer made a full-throated endorsement of Ford, expecting the stock to make a big comeback within the next 10 months.
- As athletes and celebrities in CNBC’s annual Stock Draft picked recovery favorites earlier Tuesday, Cramer, who is not a participant, said he backs the traditional automaker to make significant gains.
- “When the expectations were highest – both yesterday and then 10 years ago – Ford got pulverized. Now they’re incredibly low, and that makes it easy for management to surprise to the upside,” the “Mad Money” host said.
In this article
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Starwood Property Trust (STWD), CrowdStrike (CRWD)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 29, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 29, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.