- This topic is empty.
2021-05-03 at 8:57 PM #3691暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, May 3, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer rejects Buffett’s stance on stock picking, endorses a hybrid investing model (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/cramer-rejects-buffetts-stance-on-stock-picking-favors-hybrid-model.html)
- “I respect Warren Buffett, but I’ll always be a Peter Lynch guy,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said in reaction to Buffett’s comments recommending individual investors buy index funds in lieu of individual stocks.
- Cramer provided a list of retail stock ideas for investors to test Lynch’s principles.
- The “Mad Money” host advised retail investors to take on a “hybrid model” of owning an index fund for retirement while owning stocks with discretionary money.
Ticker: WMT, COST, LOW, WHR, PVH, VHC, SWK, RL, AEO, GPS
(2) Incoming GXO Logistics CEO talks spin-off from XPO Logistics (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/03/incoming-gxo-logistics-ceo-talks-spin-off-from-xpo-logistics.html)
Malcolm Wilson, chief executive of XPO Logistics Europe, was named to be come the new head of GXO Logistics. He joined Jim Cramer on “Mad Money” to give insight into the spin-off.
(3) Jim Cramer says these outdoor plays are a buy as the economy reopens (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/jim-cramer-says-these-outdoor-plays-are-a-buy-as-the-economy-reopens.html)
- “As the pandemic winds down, I think the great outdoors theme has more legs than you realize,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Brunswick, LCI Industries and Camping World are among the stocks Cramer thinks will benefit from the economic reopening.
Ticker: (a) Boat — BC, (b) RV — LCII, THO, WGO, CWH, (c) Travel — ABNB, (d) Others — NWL, YETI, VSTO, ELY, GOLF, POOL
(4) Executive Interview: Lydall testing air filter system to convert CO2 into oxygen on Mars with NASA rover, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/lydall-testing-air-filters-to-convert-co2-into-oxygen-on-mars-with-nasa-rover-ceo-says.html)
- Lydall CEO Sara Greenstein told CNBC the filtration products company is supplying a system for NASA’s exploration program on Mars in hopes of making human travel to the planet safe.
- “We’re not only protecting people and the environment on Earth, we’re starting to do it on Mars as well,” Greenstein said in “Mad Money” interview.
- Greenstein said on “Mad Money” that Lydall’s HEPA-grade filtration media, called the MOXIE module, is installed on the Perseverance rover and is showing some signs of success.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Penn National deserves to trade higher (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/cramers-lightning-round-penn-national-deserve-to-trade-higher.html)
- Penn National Gaming: “I happen to like Penn Nat very much … it is doing fantastically and deserves to trade higher.”
- Alcoa: “That quarter was an amazing quarter, and they’re not getting enough credit for it. That was a brilliant quarter. This is not the same Aloca. I’m a buyer.”
- Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp V: ”You’ve got to wait until it’s SoFi, to be honest.”
- Hydrofarm: “I’ve got to have them on before I render judgment.”
- Palantir: “Palantir is opaque.”
- Sherwin-Williams: “It is an excellent company and it was a great quarter. … I am a little more neutral because I like Lowe’s. I think Lowe’s is a better way because then you’ve got a lot of other things. You don’t have to worry about raw costs.”
- Novocure: “It still seems to be not recognized by the medical community. When it is, the stock doubles.”
Ticker: PENN, AA
(6) [No Video Clip] Cramer’s take on Buffet’s Criticism on Robinhood
Other Stock Discussed (calls with audiences): Square (SQ), Splunk (SPLK), Visa (V), Boeing (BA), Disney (DIS)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 3, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 3, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.