- This topic is empty.
2021-05-08 at 12:34 AM #3709暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, May 6, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says investors can still take advantage of ‘fast and furious’ Covid recovery (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/06/jim-cramer-says-investors-can-still-take-advantage-of-covid-recovery-.html)
- The coronavirus recovery has been better for the stock market than most predicted early in the pandemic, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Thursday.
- The “Mad Money” host said there are still opportunities for investors to take advantage of “fast and furious” gains in the market.
- However, he said, it is “only for a very small part of the market where there’s no new stock being created, just buybacks retiring old shares.”
(2) [No Video Clip] Papa John’s CEO on the company’s blowout earnings report, menu innovation and store expansion (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/06/papa-johns-ceo-rob-lynch-on-the-companys-blowout-earnings-report.html)
Papa John’s CEO Rob Lynch appeared on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money,” discussing the company’s latest earnings report, success of menu innovation and opening new stores in the U.S. and abroad.
(3) Etsy is working with social media influencers to help attract new shoppers, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/06/etsy-ceo-josh-silverman-on-how-the-company-can-build-off-covid-success.html)
- Etsy has a tool for social media influencers to showcase their favorite products on the site, CEO Josh Silverman told CNBC Thursday.
- “It allows Etsy to reach many, many different diverse communities in ways that feel very personal to them,” Silverman said on “Mad Money”
- Silverman also expressed confidence in the company’s ability to build off its success during the pandemic.
(4) Ping Identity CEO on the software firm’s latest quarter and the potential for future growth (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/06/ping-identity-ceo-on-the-software-firms-latest-quarter-and-potential-for-future-growth.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer interviews Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand after the enterprise software company’s latest quarterly earnings report. Durand also explained why identity management is becoming increasingly important.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: These are the two smartest cannabis plays (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/06/cramers-lightning-round-these-are-the-two-smartest-cannabis-plays.html)
- Consolidated Edison: “There’s a feeling that the regulators are going to be very tough here, which is why I prefer American Electric Power. It’s got better growth. It’s got a better regulatory environment. I would not keep [ConEd] over AEP.”
- Atkore Inc.: “How do you know Atkore because this is a great little company? I mean, I’m not kidding. This is one, if it would pull back — it’s at $87 — if it would pull back even $2, I would just tell people to buy it.”
- Innovative Industrial Properties: “Oh I love that. That’s the best, that’s the smartest way to play cannabis, man. And the second is the GrowGeneration, but that’s the first.”
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals: “They’re just doing OK. It’s a speculative stock, but it’s not making any money. As a matter fact, losing a huge amount of money.”
- Ericsson: “That’s making a comeback. I actually think, at this point, and I don’t recommend this typically, Nokia is a better buy. I think Nokia is making a faster comeback than Ericsson.”
- Petco Health and Wellness Company: “I am a believer in [CEO Ron Coughlin]. I am a believer in Petco. I think it’s a terrific stock. I know that everybody likes Chewy. I say there’s more room than just Chewy. I think you’ve got a good one.”
- Madison Square Garden Entertainment: “I think you’re calling about a winner, that’s what I think. I think it’s a terrific idea, and I think it’s a good stock, and I used to not think that. So, I like it a lot.”
Ticker: ED, AEP, ATKR, IIPR, GRWG, AUPH, ERIC, NOK,WOOF, MSGE
(6) Jim Cramer says investors only buying ‘inflation winners’ should be careful (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/06/cramer-investors-only-buying-inflation-winners-should-be-careful-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said inflation may be temporary, so investors should maintain a diversified stock portfolio.
- When commodity prices fall, “you will wish you own more than just the red-hot stocks of the minerals, the oils and the banks,” the “Mad Money” host said.
The Anti-Inflation Trade: FCX, CLF, NUE, CAT, PXD, CVX, KMI, BAC, WFC, GS, JPM, C
Other Stocks Discussed (call with audience): Rocket Companies (RKT)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 6, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 6, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.