- This topic is empty.
2021-05-12 at 8:36 PM #3730暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
(1) Dubbed ‘WoodStocks,’ Jim Cramer sees Cathie Wood’s top tech picks heading lower (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/cramer-sees-cathie-wood-top-picks-headed-lower.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said tech stocks are taking a hit on rising inflation, which means Cathie Wood’s Ark Invest will see more pain in the near future.
- Cramer dubbed Ark Invest’s top stock holdings “WoodStocks,” including Tesla, Teladoc Health, Square, Roku, Shopify, Zillow, Twilio, Spotify, Coinbase and Exact Sciences.
- “What worked in 2020 hasn’t been working in 2021 and that’s not gonna change, so get used to it,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Ticker: TSLA, TDOC, SQ, ROKU, SHOP, ZG, TWLO, SPOT, COIN, EXAS
Takeaway: WoodsStocks keep heading lower — “If you own the high growth stocks, you need to prepare for pain or cut your loss on the next move up..”
(2) Executive Interview: Amid rising inflation, Wendy’s CEO says restaurant is seeing labor costs pressure (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/wendys-ceo-says-restaurant-faces-higher-labor-costs-amid-inflation.html)
- Wendy’s saw pressure from higher wage costs in its first quarter of the year, but the company is dodging rising commodity prices, CEO Todd Penegor told CNBC.
- “From a commodity outlook perspective, because we’re largely locked in, we’re guiding flat to commodities this year, so we’re in a good spot there,” he said on “Mad Money.”
- The comments come as the latest inflation data showed consumer prices rose last month at the fastest rate in more than a decade.
(3) Executive Interview:Wynn Resorts CEO: Online sports betting, igaming to be a $30-$40 billion market (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/12/wynn-resorts-ceo-online-sports-betting-igaming-to-be-a-30-40b-market.html)
Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox discussed the hotel operator’s move to spinoff Wynn Interactive Digital, the company’s online sports betting and gambling business.
(4) Executive Interview: NortonLifeLock CEO: Identity is stolen every three seconds online (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/12/nortonlifelock-ceo-identity-is-stolen-every-three-seconds-online.html)
NortonLifeLock CEO Vincent Pilette discussed how cyber threats have evolved online, creating a market on the dark web for consumer identities
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I don’t have much faith in FuboTV (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/cramer-lightning-round-i-dont-have-much-faith-in-fubotv.html)
- Silvergate Capital: “They’re smart guys … I do want to see what Coinbase says tomorrow … Coinbase is now the big daddy, but that is a good company.”
- FuboTV: “This was a very problematic quarter. The stock rallied because the stock had been down so much, not because the quarter was that good … I don’t have as much faith in this business as others because I’d rather be in a Roku. I want big-time growth. That’s what I would go into.”
- Boston Omaha: “We don’t want to purchase the miniature Berkshire Hathaway. We want to buy a sliver of a Berkshire Hathaway stock, and that’s what you should do.”
Ticker: SI, COIN, FUBO, ROKU, BOMN, BRK-A
(6) [No Video Clip] The billionaires worth listening to — Druckenmiller, Daviid Tepper
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT), UWM Holdings Corporation Class (UWMC), The Trade Desk (TTD)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 12, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 12, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.