- This topic is empty.
2021-05-13 at 8:07 PM #3737暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, May 13, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) The lockdown trade is dead on new CDC mask guidance, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cramer-new-mask-rules-mean-drop-lockdown-stocks-for-reopening-plays.html)
- “The CDC’s new guidance also means you’re going to get clobbered if you keep owning the lockdown stocks,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “Instead, you need to circle back to the great reopening plays,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “You need to understand that this phase of the bull market’s all about keeping inflation tame enough so that the economy can grow without overheating and forcing the Federal Reserve to slam on the brakes,” he said.
(2) [No Video Clip] Off-the-Chart: Lumber, Copper
(3) Executive Interview: DoorDash CEO on supporting local restaurants through the coronavirus pandemic (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/13/doordash-ceo-on-supporting-local-restaurants-through-the-pandemic.html)
DoorDash CEO Tony Xu explained the food delivery company’s decision to introduce a new pricing plan and discussed how the service helped many restaurants stay in business.
(4) Executive Interview: Sonos CEO: We’re in the golden age of audio (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/13/sonos-ceo-were-in-the-golden-age-of-audio.html)
Sonos CEO Patrick Spence revealed three secular trends the audio company is riding that are helping to boost sales.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like Jazz Pharmaceuticals (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cramer-lightning-round-i-like-jazz-pharmaceuticals.html)
- Suncor Energy: “If you want to be in energy, I’m only recommending two names. I’m recommending Chevron, with that terrific yield, and I’m recommending Pioneer Nat … and they’re both better than Suncor and you can get out at a nice price, so do it.”
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals: “This is a very speculative company that actually makes money. I think you’re in good hands. Why hasn’t this company been bought by somebody? … I like it.”
- Aeva Technologies: “I don’t like it.”
- Brookfield Renewable Partners: “You have to be super interested in that because, otherwise, I’m not. If you want to be, that’s good to go. I don’t want to play it that way, but I respect you.”
- Vontier: “I don’t know that one.”
Ticker: SU, CVX, PXD, JAZZ, AEVA, BEP, VNT
(6) Executive Interview: Coinbase CFO on crypto investors, dogecoin and growing competition (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/coinbase-cfo-on-crypto-investors-dogecoin-and-growing-competition.html)
- Coinbase CFO Alesia Haas appeared on “Mad Money” for a wide-ranging interview to discuss the adoption of cryptocurrencies by investors.
- After coming public more than a month ago, shares of the Coinbase crypto exchange are down 38% from their mid-April peak alongside the price of bitcoin.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): UnitedHealth (UNH), Inseego Corp. (INSG)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 13, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 13, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.