- This topic is empty.
2021-05-18 at 7:51 PM #3759暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, May 18, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Travel and leisure stocks take spotlight as stay-at-home names stall, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/cramer-travel-and-leisure-stocks-in-spotlight-as-stay-at-home-names-falter.html)
- “The baton is now being passed from the stay-at-home names to the travel and leisure plays,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “I think it’s not too late to bet on the transition, especially since Wall Street’s been so behind-the-curve when it comes to the real story,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Cramer expects shares of Walmart, Norwegian Cruise Line, Wynn Resorts, Disney and more stocks will gain momentum with the travel and leisure thesis.
Stocks & Tickers: Walmart (WMT), Home Depot (HD), Macy’s (M), Norwegian Cruise (NCLH), Las Vegas, Disney (DIS), AMC, Ulta Beauty (ULTA), Estee Lauder (EL), Airbnb (ABNB) [buy some now]
(2) Executive Interview: Raytheon plans to cut office space by 25% as it embraces a hybrid work (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/raytheon-to-cut-office-space-by-25percent-as-it-embraces-hybrid-work-.html)
- Raytheon Technologies plans to reduce its 32 million square feet of office space substantially as the company standardizes remote work options.
- “What this pandemic has shown us in all honestly is that, you know, you can be productive in varying work environments,” CEO Greg Hayes told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- “As I think about the goals that we have around diversity and trying to keep young women in the workforce, this type of flexibility is absolutely essential,” he said
(3) Off-the-Chart: The VIX is flashing signs of more market downside, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/jim-cramer-the-vix-is-flashing-signs-of-more-downside-in-stocks.html)
- The VIX, known as the fear gauge, is showing signs of market turbulence over the coming weeks, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “A flat market with a rising VIX is exactly what you see at the beginning of what’s known as a volatility swell,” Cramer said.
- “The charts, as interpreted by Mark Sebastian, suggest that the next month-and-a-half could be a pretty rough time for the stock market,” Cramer said.
(4) Signet Jewelers CEO on talks company’s ‘Path to Brilliance’ online strategy (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/18/signet-jewelers-ceo-on-talks-path-to-brilliance-online-strategy.html)
Signet Jewelers CEO Gina Drosos gave insight into the retailer’s investments into an omnichannel digital program.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Riot Blockchain is a proxy for bitcoin (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/cramers-lightning-round-riot-blockchain-is-a-proxy-for-bitcoin.html)
- Harvard Bioscience: “They had a good quarter and it was better than expected … I think it’s a decent spec, let’s put it that way.”
- Oneok: “I happen to like Oneok … They are a very conservative company. They’ve done a very good job … I think you’ve got a good one there, if not a great one.”
- Ammo Munitions: “I’ve got to study this one.”
- Riot Blockchain: “Riot Blockchain is just a proxy, frankly, for bitcoin … If you think bitcoin’s going up, you buy Riot Blockchain. If you don’t, then you sell Riot Blockchain.”
- ViacomCBS: “You need another Archegos. We need another darned stupid fund manager, who’s considered to be brilliant by really rich people because he’s rich, who can fool a lot of people to take the stock up to $90 and then got clobbered.”
- Montrose Environmental: “The landfill business has gotten to be a great business again … This is a little speculative name, but I have to say I like the waste business. So I think you’re going to do OK.”
- Turtle Beach: “I am so convinced that Logitech is going to do better than Turtle Beach.”
Ticker: HBIO, OKE, POWN, RIOT, VIAC, MEG, HEAR, LOGI
(6) [No Video Clip] Executive Interview (Cramer’s eyeing a red hot sector to see if its still worth considering) — Ticker: PLUG
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): AppHarvest, Inc (APPH), Boeing (BA), Unity Software (U)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 18, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 18, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.