- This topic is empty.
2021-06-07 at 9:12 PM #3815暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, June 7, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says Yellen’s interest rate comments ‘spooked the market’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/jim-cramer-says-yellens-interest-rate-comments-spooked-the-market.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer pinned Monday’s mixed session on messaging from U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen.
- Secretary Janet Yellen told Bloomberg News that raising the interest rate would be positive for the country, should the Biden administration’s big spending plans help trigger some inflation in an expanding economy.
- “The prospect of higher interest rates spooked the market,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Ticker: GME, AMC, NUE [bought for charitable trust], BIIB, LLY , EL [charitable trust own EL]
(2) Executive Interview: T-Mobile CEO says company is poised to dominate 5G for the next decade (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/t-mobile-ceo-says-company-is-poised-to-dominate-5g-for-the-next-decade.html)
- T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert told CNBC the company plans to dominate in 5G for the next decade.
- “We’re making the rules for the 5G era because we’re way ahead … and those rules are going to be customer friendly and we’re going to be able to monetize … this lead over the decade,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- Sievert said the company expects to increase the reach of its Ultra Capacity 5G product by about 40% this year.
(3) [No Video Clip] Off-the-Chart: Ticker: AMZN
Bottom-line: “The fundamentals and charts suggest that AMZN is a buy. And [Cramer] think the stock is ready to roar.”
(4) Executive Interview: Tradeweb CEO says climate-related bond trading is on the rise (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/07/tradeweb-ceo-says-climate-related-bond-trading-is-on-the-rise.html)
Governments around the world are now issuing bonds on climate-related activities as ESG investing practices pick up, Tradeweb CEO Lee Olesky said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I prefer Moderna stock over Novavax (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/cramer-lightning-round-i-prefer-moderna-stock-over-novavax-.html)
- Novavax: “I have to tell you even after today’s run in Moderna, I still prefer Moderna’s stock than Novavax because I think that Moderna can do a lot more with its formulation than Novavax ever can.”
- Philip Morris: “It’s a very good company. I don’t recommend tobacco stocks, but it’s very well run. It makes a lot of money and it’s very good.”
- Blade Air Mobility: “I think there are better ways to make money, frankly. I’m not going to recommend the stock.”
- Atlassian: “I think you have to worry about its valuation because that’s why the stock is going down. I think it’s a very good company, but no company can grow as fast as it has. It’s got a $57 billion market capitalization. That’s just way too much. … I really do like the company, but I am not a buyer.”
- Exact Sciences: “I think [CEO] Kevin Conroy’s running a great company. I think he’s found a lot of different ways to be able to help people and, while the stock is down, it just happens to be one of those that’s been owned by a lot of momentum guys. I’m a buyer.”
- International Game Tech: “I can’t believe this IGT continues to go higher. This is computerized gaming, but they’re really the only game in town. So I get it. I guess it can go higher still. It’s been a huge winner.”
- Akebia Therapeutics: “That’s a total spec. Sir, that’s just a total spec. You can do it, it’s a dice-roll spec. That’s not the kind of thing I like, but as long as you recognize it as a spec, then be my guest.”
Ticker: NVAX, MRNR, PM, BLDE, TEAM, EXAS, IGT, AKBA
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Chipotle Mexican (CMG) [stick with it, stock is a buy], Kinder Morgan(KMI) [like it], Beyond Meat (BYND), Alibaba (BABA)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 7, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 7, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.