- This topic is empty.
2021-06-10 at 9:14 PM #3829暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, June 10, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer reacts to red-hot inflation number: ‘The market took it in stride’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/jim-cramer-reacts-to-inflation-report-the-market-took-it-in-stride.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer suggested the May inflation number was expected to be high.
- The “Mad Money” host called it the worst kept secret on Wall Street and said the stock market took it in stride.
- “There are too many things that went wrong last year, and most of them won’t be solved by higher rates,” he said.
Beyond the headline – Inflation by sector
- Surge in used car prices (transitory) – ship shortage will eventually resolve itself
- Increase in airline fares (transitory) – 90+ new airlines being launched in 2021
- Spike in oil & gas prices (?) – fewer pipelines, environmental concerns
- Rise in prices in the grain complex (transitory) – Historical Transistor, farmers buy more equipment
- Rising costs of dining out easing (transitory) – COVID restrictions
- Rising freight costs (?) – truck driver shortage
- Port congestion causing price hikes (transitory) – expected to ease once commercial flights from AISA to US resume
(2) Executive Interview: PerkinElmer CEO discusses the life sciecnes and diagnostics company’s M&A strategy (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/10/perkinelmer-ceo-on-life-sciences-and-diagnostics-companys-ma-strategy.html)
PerkinElmer CEO Prahlad Singh explained the company’s goals after it made five acquisitions in the last six months.
(3) Executive Interview: Chewy CEO says dog, cat adoption rates have remained high as the economy reopens (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/chewy-ceo-dog-cat-adoption-rates-have-remained-high-amid-reopening.html)
- Chewy CEO Sumit Singh told CNBC that pet adoptions have remained high as the economy reopens.
- “Overall adoptions, we believe, [are] up still year over year by double-digit percentages both across dog and cat,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- Chewy, a $33 billion online pet food and supply store, last month launched a pet adoption service and is currently working with 6,000 shelters, he noted.
(4) [No Video Clip] Executive Interview with Retail analyst at JPM, Matthew Boss — Ticker: LAG trade (LB, AEO, GPS)
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Keystone shut down makes these stocks buys (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/cramers-lightning-round-keystone-shut-down-makes-these-stocks-buys.html)
- Zim Integrated Shipping Service: “That thing is just too hot for me. It’s too hot. It is just, let’s see where — no. That one’s too hot. I mean, it’s had a very big run and those kinds of stocks are cooling right now. I want you to just walk away for a little bit. I think you can go lower.”
- Churchill Capital IV: “I like Lucid and I like Fisker … I don’t like Lordstown, by the way. I think that one’s a bad ride. I believe in Lucid … I think you should own it.”
- Kadmon: “You’ve got big-time speculation with Kadmon. Please, understand that’s an up 10, down 10.”
- IBM: “If you’re buying [CEO Arvind Krishna’s] IBM, you’re going for growth and I think there will be growth.”
- BP Midstream Partners: “These are the kinds you have to be buying. I like Enterprise, I like Oneok. I like this whole group. Why? Because after what I saw today with the Keystone, they ain’t never going to be able to get another pipeline approved in this country, so the ones that are existing are going to make money now.”
- AquaBounty Technologies: “I think it’s kind of an interesting situation, but then again I also like Beyond Meat, so maybe I shouldn’t be trusted.”
- Trade Desk: “I like Trade Desk. It’s come down, but remember those kinds of high-multiple stocks people don’t like them right now, and that’s one of the most expensive stocks in the entire market … but I’m going to stick by them.”
Ticker: ZIM, CCIV, FSR, RIDE, KDMN, IBM, BPMP, EPD, OKE, AQB, BYND, TTD
(6) [No Video Clip] Meme stocks — Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF), Clean Energy Fuel (CLNE). Takeaway: “CLF and CLNE are both buys with or whiteout meme affection”
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Peloton (PTON) [No, rather own BMY – charitable trust own BMY], nCino (NCNO) [good stock Hold on with it]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 10, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 10, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.