- This topic is empty.
2021-06-15 at 9:34 PM #3850暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Rising oil prices put Fed’s Jerome Powell in a tough spot amid inflation worries, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/jim-cramer-rising-oil-prices-put-fed-in-tough-spot-amid-inflation.html)
- “The surging price of crude … makes life difficult for Fed Chief Jay Powell,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said one day before the Federal Reserve’s key policy meeting.
- “Even as many other commodities have actually now fallen, and some falling precipitously in recent weeks, oil just keeps going higher,” the “Mad Moey” host said.
- “Oil’s too powerful a negative for the press to ignore and I bet at some point he’ll say he’s monitoring it,” which means to sell, Cramer said.
Ticker: CVA, PDX, XOM
(2) Executive Interview: Akamai CEO says security is becoming a major growth driver for the content business (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/akamai-ceo-security-is-becoming-a-growth-driver-for-content-business.html)
- Akamai Technologies CEO Tom Leighton said security made up 37% of the company’s total revenues in the first quarter.
- “You’ve got to adopt a model of zero trust of security,” Leighton told Jim Cramer in a “Mad Money.” “You can’t just allow unfettered access once you’re past the firewall.”
- “It will become a bigger part of Akamai and that’s because we have solutions that can really defend enterprises,” he said.
(3) Executive Interview: Twilio CEO on company’s $10 million commitment to help vaccine awareness (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/15/twilio-ceo-on-companys-10-million-commitment-to-help-vaccine-awareness.html)
Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson discussed his company’s involvement in the COVAX initiative to help increase access to vaccine resources.
(4) [No Video Clip] Homework – Ticker: MindMed (MNMD)
“Bottom Line: I’m inclined to give MNMD blessing for speculation – Just keep in mind there could be losses if something goes wrong”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I think Snap’s a winner (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/cramers-lightning-round-i-think-snaps-a-winner.html)
- Vertex Pharma: “I think it’s a good opportunity to actually pick some Vertex up.”
- Turtle Beach: “Turtle Beach happens to be in a crowded beach. I like Logitech.”
- Eli Lilly: “Time to sell Eli Lilly.”
- Commercial Vehicle: “You’ve got horse sense. That is one good stock. I am with you. Call me a buyer, particularly if the Federal Reserve stays the course.”
- Goldman Sachs: ”$350 is the level that I want to get back in … and I would do it slowly.”
- Snap: “I was quick to judge [CEO] Evan Spiegel, thought that maybe he was too Hollywood, but it turns out no. He was on the right side of the tracks. He’s gotten it together. I welcome him on the show anytime, and I think Snap’s a winner.”
Ticker: VRTX, HEAR, LOGI, LLY, CVGI, GS, VBIV, SNAP
(6) [No Video Clip] How JPM CEO views the Fintech landscape : Ticker — JPM, SQ, AXP, PYPL
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences):Plug Power (PLUG) [ok, not great, not bad], GrowGeneration (GRWG) [it’s ok, but right now its no-man’s-land]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 15, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 15, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.