- This topic is empty.
2021-06-14 at 8:28 PM #3845暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, June 14, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Fed leaves interest rates unchanged (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/14/jim-cramer-own-these-stocks-if-the-fed-leaves-interest-rates-unchanged.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer recommended a handful of industrial and energy stocks for investor to own, should the Federal Reserve keep interest rates unchanged.
- “These are the kind of companies that thrive when economies around the world are growing, and that’s exactly what I expect,” he said.
Flying off the shelves
– Senior Growth stocks (FB, GOOGL, MSFT, ADBE, SQ, AMZN, NFLX, NVDIA CRS, AAPL, PYPL)
– Junior growth stocks (TWLO, ROKU, CRWD, ETSY, DOCU) — loved by Cathey Woods
Clean up on aisle seven
– industrials (CAT, CLF, CVX, XOM, PXD)
– bank stocks (JPM, GS, BAC)
(2) Off-the-Chart: Cramer says a ‘late-June swoon’ could create opportunities in stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/14/cramer-says-a-late-june-swoon-could-create-opportunities-in-stocks.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer flagged a seasonal traded from noted technician Larry Williams, who is forecasting a decline in the S&P 500 at the end of the month.
- “If history is any guide, next week’s gonna be ugly,” Cramer said on “Mad Money.”
- “If you’re a nimble trader, you might want to sell the S&P [Friday or] at the opening next Monday then swap back in near the end of the week,” Cramer said.
(3) Executive Interview: American Express CEO says U.S. travel, dining spending is nearing full recovery (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/14/american-express-ceo-us-travel-dining-spending-is-nearing-full-recovery.html)
- American Express CEO told CNBC that travel bookings have nearly reached their 2019 levels.
- “When we look at our travel numbers, our travel bookings in May were 95% of what they were in May of 2019,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- The credit company is seeing a rebound in restaurant spending, too.
(4) Executive Interview: Solana Labs CEO discusses faster, more energy-efficient blockchain (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/14/solana-labs-ceo-discusses-faster-more-energy-efficient-blockchain.html)
Solana Labs CEO Anatoly Yakovenko explained how Solana, a blockchain supporting crypto apps, enables 1 billion people to go fully interconnected without an intermediary.
Stock: Solana Labs Inc. (private)
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Time to buy ViacomCBS (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/14/cramer-lightning-round-time-to-buy-viacomcbs.html)
- Johnson & Johnson: “JNJ is kind of a, it’s a Teflon stock. It just goes up no matter what, and that’s because it has a big drug pipeline, and that’s why you should own the stock.”
- Lockheed Martin: “I think that Jim Taiclet, I think he’s money … I say go with him.”
- Vulcan Materials: “It’s time to pick some up … That does well if there’s a housing boom. I know it’s got a bad chart, that’s what’s sending it down. Maybe you wait a week or two, but boy is that a good company.”
- ViacomCBS: “I kind of like the media stocks. Ever since that Archegos, they’ve given up the ghost. Let’s go back to them. I think they’re going to have a pretty good fall and I like Viacom here. I think they did a good job, and I think it’s time to buy it.”
- OraSure Tech: “There’s like so many guys doing this. Can’t do it. I’m sorry.”
Ticker: JNJ, LMT, VMC, VIAC, OSUR
(6) [No Video Clip] What to do MEME?? — Ticker: CRSR, LOGI, WEN
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences):Bumble (BMBL) [like the company, should be bought not sold], Clorox (CLX) [hold until yield hit 3% then buy], Dave & Buster’s (PLAY), Camping World Holdings (CWH) [THO make more sense]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 14, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 14, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.