Mad Money: Key points from June 18, 2021 (Friday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from June 18, 2021 (Friday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, June 18, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Cramer’s week ahead: ‘The sell-off probably isn’t done’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/18/jim-cramers-week-ahead-the-sell-off-probably-isnt-done.html)

• Upcoming public comments from the Fed’s James Bullard and Jerome Powell are crucial market events, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Friday.
      • Nike and FedEx also will offer key insight when they report earnings next week, the “Mad Money” host said.

Ticker: ADBE, AMD, AMZN

Bottom Line: “We said we would have a a bearish Friday and most likely a re-run Monday… And then, you can start picking up some singles and doubles later next week.”

(2) [No Video Clip] Cramer’s on How to React to the Market Decline

Bottom Line: “buy wait until end of next week , buy AMZN on Monday only if its down”

(3) Jim Cramer says the ‘Ark Invest phenomenon’ appears to be over for now (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/18/jim-cramer-says-the-ark-invest-phenomenon-appears-to-be-over-for-now.html)

• “It seems pretty clear that the Ark Invest phenomenon is no longer in play,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Friday.
      • The “Mad Money” host attributed that to recent outflows experienced by Ark Invest’s family of funds.
      • “We’re not seeing major outflows here, but the era of Cathie Wood propping these stocks up with her own buying bazooka, I think, it appears to be over,” Cramer said.

(4) Executive Interview: Flexport CEO says resolving global shipping delays ‘may take a while’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/18/flexport-ceo-resolving-global-shipping-delays-may-take-a-while.html)

• There is no single fix to resolving the shipping delays across the globe, Flexport CEO Ryan Petersen told CNBC Friday.
      • Petersen said his company is using machine learning to fit more items in each container, delivering some improvement.
      • However, until the flow of goods falls below normal, pre-Covid levels, “it’s really going to be very hard to resolve,” he said.

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Stay away from GoodRx for now (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/18/cramers-lightning-round-stay-away-from-goodrx-for-now.html)

• SoFi: “I am a buyer of [CEO] Anthony Noto. I think he does a great job. But candidly, he’s also been my friend since 1995.”
      • GoodRx: “I like GoodRx, the coupon business. But I’ve got to tell you, I just have this bad feeling. They’re up against Amazon in some way, shape or form — or, at least, that’s what the market thinks. That’s more important because they really aren’t, but people always fear Amazon. I’m going to say you have to stay away for now. … It’s got an Amazon issue.”
      • Ashford Hospitality Trust: Sell
      • Williams-Sonoma: “It is amazing that that stock is going down. You are completely right. I don’t think it should be going down. The problem is it’s up 48%, and everybody is trying to nail down profits. But [CEO] Laura Alber is going a great job. I am a buyer, not a seller, of Williams-Sonoma.”
      • Vizio: “People have given up on this company. I think it’s wrong to give up on it. I still it expect it to come down a little bit more as people are in panic mode. Vizio, I say let it go to $18, maybe $17, and then I would [buy].”
      • C3 AI: “People don’t even understand what the company does. … Other people are bailing, so let’s wait until they’re done bailing and we can buy it lower.”

Ticker: SOFI, GDRX, AMZN, AHT, WSM, VZIO, AI

(6) [No Video] Am I diversified:

• Qorvo (QRVO), Costco (COST), Deer (DE), Chevron (CVX), Amgen (AMGN)
      • Freeport (FCX), IBM (IBM), Fisker (FSR),  Apple (AAPL), Alibaba (BABA)
      • Applied Material (AMAT), Boot Barn (BOOT), Blackstone (BX), Generac (GNRC), Restoration Hardware (RH)
      • Alibaba (BABA),  Merck (MERC), CSX (CSX), Roblox (RBLX), Maxar (MAXR)

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Newell Brands (NWL) [stay long], Boeing (BA) [buy], Alcoa (AA) [sell]  

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 18, 2021.

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 18, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.