- This topic is empty.
2021-08-03 at 9:01 PM #4019暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer says bet on these ‘pseudo-lockdown stocks’ as Wall Street worries about Covid delta variant (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/delta-variant-cramer-expects-these-pseudo-lockdown-stocks-to-benefit.html)
- Covid delta fears are a dominant theme on Wall Street right now, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday.
- The “Mad Money” host said money managers appear to be betting on “pseudo-lockdown stocks.”
- Stocks included in that list are retailers such as Target and Costco, as well as delivery giants UPS and FedEx.
Stock to watch amid new COVID rules (pseudo lockdown stocks) — Big winner from pandemic playbook: Target (TGT), Home Deport (HD), Costco (COST), Walmart (WMT) [charitable trust owns WMT], Amazon (AMZN), UPS (UPS), FedEx, Nike (NKE), Lululemon (LULU), Ralph Lauren (RL), Domino’s (DPZ), Apple (AAPL), Robinhood (HOOD)
(2) [No Video Clip] IP-Woes, IPO fatigues
- 6/28-7/2: DiDi (DIDI, offer price $14), Krispy Kreme (offer price $17), Dmarket (offer price 12)
- 7/9-7/13: Stevanato Group (STVN, offer price $21), Phillips Edison & Company (PECO, offer price $28), Membership Collective Group (MCG, offer pre 14), F45 Training (FXLV, offer price 16)
- 7/19-7/23: RSG, Core & Main,
- 7/26-7/30: Duolingo (DUOL, offer price $102), Robinhood (HOOD, offer price $38)
(3) [No Video Clip] Off-the-Chart: Jim Cramer breaks down technical analysis on the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 and bitcoin (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/03/jim-cramer-breaks-down-technical-analysis-on-the-sp-500-nasdaq-100-and-bitcoin.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer analyzed charts from longtime technician Tom Demark on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money,” with a focus on the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 and bitcoin.
(4) Clorox CEO confident in growth prospects, even after disappointing quarter and guidance (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/clorox-ceo-confident-in-growth-even-after-disappointing-q4-and-guidance.html)
- Despite Clorox’s earnings miss and disappointing 2022 sales forecast, CEO Linda Rendle remains confident in its long-term prospects.
- “If you look at the fundamentals of our business, our brands have never been stronger,” she said in a “Mad Money” interview.
- The CEO said Clorox was “taking all the necessary actions” to combat cost pressures that hurt gross margins in the fourth quarter.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Just go buy SoFi (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/cramers-lightning-round-just-go-buy-sofi-.html)
- MKS Instruments: “I don’t understand why this stock is so cheap. It’s exactly in the sweet spot of semiconductors. I think it is a [buy].”
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals: “Immunosuppressant. They should be doing better. I mean that’s an unbelievable market. I wondering whether they have anything proprietary enough. I want to be careful about that stock.”
- Sorrento Therapeutics: “I think Sorrento is overvalued. I don’t like the way they have handled themselves and I am in the [sell camp] when it comes to Sorrento.”
- Palantir Technologies: “Palantir is a cult stock. The cult can take it up to $28 if it wants to. When I say a cult stock, there are people who don’t really know what Palantir does, but they own Palantir. My style is to know what they do, and then own it. I don’t know what Palantir does because it’s a secret, but people still like it.”
- Gritstone Bio: “If you want to treat tumors, you want to own Novocure. Novocure is the way to go. Not that one.”
- SoFi Technologies: “Frankly, I don’t understand why this stock is where it is. I think [CEO] Anthony Noto is doing a terrific job. I think at $15, you buy the stock. I think you just go buy it.”
- Spirit AeroSystems: “If we’re going to do suppliers, you’ve got to do GE, you’ve got to do Raytheon. I prefer to actually own Boeing, which was down and one point hanging by a thread … and reversed. I think Boeing is the one to buy.”
Ticker: MKSI, AUPH, SRNE, PLTR, GRTS, NVCR, SOFI, SPR, GE, RTX, BA [charitable trust own BA]
(6) [No Video Clip] Why Jim Cramer loves the stocks of Pepsi, McCormick, Hormel and Constellation Brands (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/03/why-jim-cramer-loves-the-stocks-of-pepsi-mccormick-hormel-and-constellation-brands.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Tuesday explained the key to success for well-known consumer companies such as Pepsi, McCormick, Hormel and Constellation Brands.
Not afraid to shake things up: McCormick (MKC), Hormel Foods (HRL), Constellation Brands (STZ)
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Six Flags (SIX) [No], Coinbase (COIN), Tesla (TSLA)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 3, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 3, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.