Mad Money: Key points from August 2, 2021 (Monday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from August 2, 2021 (Monday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, August 2, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Cramer says Robinhood is a buy even after its rocky IPO (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/02/cramer-says-buy-robinhood-as-a-bet-on-further-expansion-into-financial-services.html)

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday he believes investors should buy shares of Robinhood at their current levels.
      • The “Mad Money” host said the company known for stock and crypto trading is well-positioned with younger generations as it eyes expansion into other services.

Millennial Movers: SQ, ROKU, PYPL, DASH, HOOD, AFRM, CMG

(2) [No Video Clip] Social Media Stocks

Stock & Ticker: Snapchat (SNAP) [stock got more room to run, good buy here, since its pulled back from its post-earnings high],  Twitter (TWTR), Facebook (FB) [cheapest of the social media plays], Pinterest (PINS) [losing audience, best revenue growth, wary of recommending PINS ]

(3) Off-the-Chart: Charts suggest S&P 500 may struggle in August while gold looks set to rally, Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/02/cramer-charts-show-sp-500-may-toil-in-august-gold-looks-to-rally.html)

• “The charts, as interpreted by the legendary Larry Williams, suggest that August could be a tough month for the S&P 500, but a terrific month for gold,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
      • “Given the big picture backdrop right now, that wouldn’t surprise me one bit,” the “Mad Money” host added.
      • “Williams is long gold for precisely the same reason he’s worried about the S&P: The seasonal pattern,” Cramer said.

(4) Executive Interview: Newell Brands CEO says the Yankee Candle parent is well-positioned to benefit from remote work (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/02/newell-brands-ceo-says-the-yankee-candle-parent-is-well-positioned-to-benefit-from-remote-work.html)

Ravi Saligram, president and CEO of Newell Brands, appeared on “Mad Money” on Monday

Ticker: NWL

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Southwest Airlines is ‘very intriguing to me’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/02/cramers-lightning-round-southwest-airlines-is-very-intriguing-to-me.html)

• New York Community Bancorp.: “It’s got a good dividend, but it’s got no growth. I prefer growth to dividend.”
      • Coupang: “I actually really like the company very much. It is a gigantic company, and the financials there seem very, very American-like.”
      • Spirit Airlines: “The problem with Spirit is that it’s not a high-quality operator, and also what we’re looking for now are companies that are about to get international reopening and we don’t really have them. I want to steer clear of this group other than Southwest. I know Southwest is not doing well, but it’s the longer-term win. It’s kind of like Nucor. You have to own the longer-term, best-of-breed, and Southwest down here at $49 is very intriguing to me.”
      • Energy Transfer: “I don’t like the group. The group is this master limited partnership. It’s been a horrendous group for a very, very long time, and which ET is a big member of it. I say look, take some profits if you have them, but sell it. I do not like that management. There are others that are much, much better to buy.”
      • Plug Power: “They report soon. Plug Power has got to deliver the number… I hope they do not hurt you and do not let you down, as they have in the last few times.”

Ticker: NYCB, CPNG, SAVE, LUV, NUE, ET, PLUG

(6) Cramer says it is the ‘height of irresponsibility’ to invest in Chinese stocks right now (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/02/cramer-says-it-is-height-of-irresponsibility-to-invest-in-chinese-stocks-right-now.html)

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer urged investors to continue staying away from the stocks of Chinese companies.
      • “After what they pulled with Didi Global and the tutoring companies, I think it’s the height of irresponsibility to give Chinese stocks a second chance,” the “Mad Money” host said Monday.

Ticker– DIDI, BABA, BIDU [You should wait when it comes to invest to Chinese stock. We don’ know what kind of companies the gov’t is going to target. Deeply skeptical about the Chinese gov’t a way to show us who is boss at home and aboard.] 

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): GAP (GPS) [you should buy], Skywarlk Solution (SWKS) [Charitable trust has Broadcom] , Cleveland Cliff (CLF) [I like CLF, terrify. Charitable trust owns NUE], Material (MP), Cumming (CMI)

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 2, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 2, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.