- This topic is empty.
2021-08-09 at 7:31 PM #4037暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, August 9, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer urges investors to fight ‘lazy thinking’ when deciding to sell a stock (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/jim-cramer-urges-investors-to-fight-lazy-thinking-when-deciding-to-sell-a-stock.html)
- “Deciding when to sell is just as important as deciding when to buy,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- That’s why investors need to avoid emotional responses when approaching those decisions, the “Mad Money” host said.
- “We can’t ban lazy thinking, but we can identify it and stamp it out one stupid idea at a time,” he said.
Ticker: NUE, COST, LIN [charitable trust owns those three stocks]
(2) Executive Interview: RBN Energy’s Rusty Braziel says the U.S. needs hydrogen to achieve Paris climate accord goals (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/09/rbn-energys-rusty-braziel-says-the-us-needs-hydrogen-to-achieve-paris-climate-accord-goals.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer sits down with RBN Energy CEO Rusty Braziel to examine the promise of hydrogen energy in the United States.
(3) Executive Interview: New Stitch Fix CEO Elizabeth Spaulding discusses the company’s push into ‘personalized shopping’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/09/new-stitch-fix-ceo-elizabeth-spaulding-discusses-the-companys-push-into-personalized-shopping.html)
Stitch Fix CEO Elizabeth Spaulding joined CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money.” Spaulding recently took over as CEO of the online style service.
(4) Executive Interview: Ventas CEO on improving occupancy and Covid vaccinations in its senior housing communities (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/09/ventas-ceo-on-improving-occupancy-and-covid-vaccinations-in-its-senior-housing-communities.html)
Ventas CEO and Chairman Debra Cafaro appeared on “Mad Money” with CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday, discussing improving occupancy levels and vaccination rates in its senior housing communities.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I would buy Lyft over Uber in ‘speculative’ ride-hailing segment (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/cramers-lightning-round-i-would-buy-lyft-over-uber-in-speculative-ride-hailing-segment.html)
- Lyft: “I actually think that Lyft had a better quarter than Uber, so I would go with Lyft, but that is a very speculative segment, just so you know. Speculative segment.”
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming: “You’re really just buying DraftKings [now after Monday’s acquisition announcement]. That’s a very smart acquisition for Golden Nugget people, but you’re not an arbitrager. I would ring the register. You just had a very big day today.”
- Global Payments Inc: “I think it’s a good discount to buy the stock. I think these guys are very, very smart guys, and I saw a giant insider buy by the CEO, whom we’ve had on the show and is very smart. I think this is a good level. I would pick some up.”
- Stem: Buy.
- Mettler-Toledo International: “I’ll tell you why you never hear about it in the news. One is they’re a quiet company, and two, it’s my job to find stories like this and I have not talked about them at all. You’re absolutely right. They make great instruments. Now, the stock is expensive, but it always is expensive because it’s really good.”
- Teradyne: ”[Agilent Technologies] is a better buy than Teradyne. I think you should be the letter ‘A.’”
Ticker: LYFT, UBER, GNOG, GPN, STEM [buy], MTD, TER
(6) Jim Cramer’s 6 potential catalysts that could push stocks higher (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/jim-cramers-6-potential-catalysts-that-could-push-stocks-higher.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer broke down six “upside risks” that concern bearish stock market investors.
- The “Mad Money” host said they include continued earnings strength, policy decisions in Washington and cash on the sidelines.
- “Sure, there’s a lot to worry about if you’re bullish, but there’s a lot more to worry about if you’re bearish,” Cramer said.
Upside risk: continuously strong earnings, FED keeping rate low, lot of $ on the sidelines, lot of $ in private equity firms, Meme stock rallies, packages from Washington, hedge funds buying to keep up
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Marvel Technology (MRVL) [buy buy buy], Container Store (TCS), Scotts Miracle0Gro (SMG) [stay with it, don’t buy more]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 9, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 9, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.