- This topic is empty.
2021-08-17 at 9:01 PM #4077暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, August 17, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says investors need to stay nimble as Wall Street reevaluates Covid impact (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/17/cramer-investors-need-to-stay-nimble-as-covid-impact-plays-out.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday investors need to be on their toes as Wall Street trudges through a period of frequently reevaluating the Covid recovery.
- “Don’t get too complacent in your negativity,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- The market’s reaction to Home Depot’s earnings Tuesday morning shows the importance of staying nimble, he added.
Ticker: HD, PFE, MRNR, LOW
(2) Executive Interview: Roblox CEO says the gaming platform sees grwoth opportunities in music, other entertainment (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/17/roblox-ceo-says-the-gaming-platform-sees-grwoth-opportunities-in-music-other-entertainment.html)
Roblox CEO and President David Baszucki appeard on “Mad Money” on Tuesday following the release of the gaming company’s second quarter financial results.
(3) Executive Interview: Krispy Kreme CEO says the doughnut chain is exercising ‘discipline’ in its growth plans (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/17/krispy-kreme-ceo-says-the-doughnut-chain-is-exercising-discipline-in-its-growth-plans.html)
- Krispy Kreme is focused on growing sales in a disciplined manner, CEO Michael Tattersfield told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday.
- That includes an emphasis on a multi-channel approach with standalone doughnut shops, cabinet locations in convenience stores and ecommerce, he said.
- “It’s a very transformative play from where the business was,” he added.
(4) Executive Interview: UWM Holdings CEO explains why the mortgage lender’s total gain margin dropped in the second quarter (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/17/uwm-holdings-ceo-explains-the-mortgage-lenders-total-gain-margin-drop-in-q2.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Tuesday interviewed UWM Holdings Chairman and CEO Mat Ishbia, following the indirect parent company of United Wholesale Mortgage reporting second-quarter results.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I would buy some Tesla now (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/17/cramers-lightning-round-i-would-buy-some-tesla-now.html)
- Staar Surgical: “I like Staar Surgical. That’s the kind of stock that is really working here and has been working for a very long time. I don’t understand why they’re not bought by someone. Visual implants, very specialized business. They do a great job.”
- Digital Turbine: “Content development. I hate to tell you … there’s just too many companies in this business. Many of them have come public now via SPAC or whatever. There’s just a plethora. It’s a fire hose. You’ve got to stay away.”
- Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives: “Can we just buy Tesla? Tesla is down. They do renewable energy. They have solar energy and the car. The stock seems to go down a great deal. Buy some now and buy some if it goes down another, say, 5%.”
- Danimer Scientific: “No. This thing is going to be solved by companies like an Eastman Chemical. It’s not going to be solved by these little guys because you need scale, and that’s my take.”
- Amazon: “Did you know that AMZN is down for the year? Now do we run from a stock that’s down for the year that has a really hideous chart or do we just say, you know what, we’re going to ride it out. My charitable trust is choosing to ride it out, and I think you should choose to join me on the ride.”
- WM Technology: “We’ve got to take a break from the cannabis stocks for a few. We’ve had too many edibles. That’s what it is. … I’d stay away right now.”
- Lion Electric: “There’s a lot of these out there. Lion is one of my favorites, but that does not mean it’s going to go up. It just means it’s one of my favorites in that cohort.”
Ticker: STAA, APPS [stay away], IEA, DNMR, AMZN, MAPS, LEV
(6) Jim Cramer says Abbott Laboratories shares can go higher thanks to Covid delta surge (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/17/jim-cramer-says-abbott-laboratories-shares-can-go-higher-thanks-to-covid-delta-surge.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday he sees more near-term upside for shares of Abbott Laboratories as the U.S. grapples with the Covid delta variant.
- He cited increased demand for the company’s rapid coronavirus test.
- Similarly, the “Mad Money” host said Regeneron, which makes an antibody therapy, has room to run too.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): General Electric (GE) [hold on], Simon Property (SPG) [I am a buyer], Alteryx (AYX) [will come back will be house of pain longer], Grow Generation Corp (GRWG) [go so far so fast]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 17, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 17, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.