Mad Money: Key points from August 16, 2021 (Monday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from August 16, 2021 (Monday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, August 16, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Jim Cramer says Fed policy tightening should be low on list of investor worries (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/jim-cramer-says-fed-policy-tightening-should-be-low-on-list-of-investor-worries.html)

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday that investors shouldn’t base every buy and sell decision on predictions of Federal Reserve policy moves.
      • While potential Fed tightening is not irrelevant, Cramer said, other forces are impacting near-term market rotations.

Beyond the Taper Talk — What Cramer’s focused on: The state of the Consumer; Impact of Afghanistan; Delta Variant; Lower Interest Rates ; Low Price-to-earning Multiples; Yield Potential; Perfecting Recopies

Bottom Line: If you think the whole markets poised to take a hit, you should use that to gradually buy into weakness”

(2) Executive Interview:AppLovin CEO addresses stock lockup period and why he bought more shares (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/16/applovin-ceo-addresses-stock-lockup-period-and-why-he-bought-more-shares.html)

CNBC’s Jim Cramer sat down with AppLovin co-founder and CEO Adam Foroughi on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money.”

Ticker: APP

(3) Off-the-Chart: Charts suggest infrastructure winners like Nucor have more room to run, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/cramer-charts-suggest-infrastructure-winners-like-nucor-can-go-higher.html)

• Investors may still have opportunities to buy stocks that benefit from the potential passage of a $1 trillion infrastructure package, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday
      • “Even though the infrastructure stocks have already run, the charts — as interpreted by Bob Lang — suggest that many of them could have a lot more upside here, especially Martin Marietta, Union Pacific, Nucor, and American Tower.” the “Mad Money” host said.
      • Martin Marietta (MLM) — Most straight forward winner from the infrastructure package. Target price $500.
      • Deere & Co (DE) — any dip would be buying opportunity
      • Union Pacific (UNP) — box since march, MACD gives buy signal, $250 target
      • Nucor (NUE) — $150 target, then $175 – fabulous moment for NUE
      • American Tower (AMT) – $330, $350 price target

(4) Executive Interview: Suntory CEO says he’s confident the spirits maker can meet its renewable energy goals (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/16/suntory-ceo-says-hes-confident-the-spirits-maker-can-meet-its-renewable-energy-goals.html)
      Ticker: STBFY

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I am a buyer of Affirm Holdings (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/cramers-lightning-round-i-am-a-buyer-of-affirm-holdings.html)

• The RealReal: “No. As a matter of fact I am actually, I want take all these places that do clothes — let me throw in Rent the Runway — and start thinking, you know what, we’ve got too many of these guys. I just really feel that way, so I’m going to say no to The RealReal.”
      • Mind Medicine: “Psychedelic drugs, I thought it had a future but right now it looks like the past. I am a believer that this is a great [speculative play]. Two buck spec, you can do that, but remember stocks can go to zero.”
      • Affirm Holdings: “I think [CEO] Max Levchin is the pioneer in this group. I think if the stock doesn’t get higher, he’ll sell the darn thing. I like him. I like Affirm. I’m a buyer.”
      • Fair Isaac: “We now have competitors to Fair Isaac, and I think that that’s a problem. There are other companies that are coming into the business and they’ve got a better way to do loans, including, yes, Upstart, so I am not a fan of FICO.”
      • Upwork: “It went out of favor about two weeks ago, but [CEO] Hayden Brown does not go out of favor. She’s extraordinarily good, so I think you should hold it for the long term.”
      • Butterfly Network: “When I first heard about this, I happened to be with a doctor who loves the product, and I thought it could be a hit. But you know what, it’s just another one of those companies that came a time when there’s too many companies, so I’m going to have to say you’ve just got to wait until people finish selling. I don’t know when that is, but it’s certainly not here.”
      • Dish Network: ”[Chairman] Charlie Ergen runs that … and I’ve got tell you, he is so smart, I would never bet against the guy even if I cannot see a single reason to own the stock other than the fact that Charlie Ergen runs it.”

Ticker: REAL, MMMD, AFRM, FICO, UPWK, BFLY, DISH

(6) [No Video Clip] Value This, NVDA, vs Nucor, Deer vs CAT, etc. 

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Square (SQ) [like SQ right here], Beauty Health (SKIN), MP Materials (MP) [you have to own, rare earth play]

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 16, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 16, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.