- This topic is empty.
2021-08-19 at 9:28 PM #4088暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, August 19, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says buy Amazon and the stocks of other companies with strong pricing power (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/jim-cramer-says-buy-amazon-other-companies-with-strong-pricing-power.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Thursday he believes investors should buy shares of Amazon and other corporate giants that have pricing power of their consumers.
- “The companies that can raise price without infuriating you? Go buy their stocks,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Other companies Cramer put on that list include Microsoft, Apple and Costco.
Who can put through price increase … and get away with it?: MSFT, AAPL, COST, NFLX, AMZN,
(2) Executive Interview: Lithia & Driveway CEO says he’s hopeful vehicle supply will improve later this year (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/19/lithia-driveway-ceo-says-hes-hopeful-vehicle-supply-will-improve-later-this-year.html)
The CEO of Lithia & Driveway, Bryan DeBoer, appeared on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money,” telling host Jim Cramer he’s hopeful the supply of used and new vehicles will improve later this year.
(3) Jim Cramer sees promise in the stocks of grill makers Traeger and Weber (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/jim-cramer-sees-promise-in-stocks-of-grill-makers-traeger-and-weber-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said both of the newly public grill makers, Traeger and Weber, offer promise for potential investors.
“If you want a fast-growing grill play, Traeger’s the way to go,” the “Mad Money” host said.
“If you want a more mature, steady-eddie grill stock that I think is going to deal well over time, go with Weber,” he said.
Ticker: Traeger (COOK) [fast growing, Weber Inc (WEBR) [matured, steady growth]
(4) Executive Interview: Fiserv CEO addresses ValueAct buying 5.3 million shares of the fintech firm in Q2 (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/19/fiserv-ceo-addresses-valueact-buying-5point3-million-shares-of-the-fintech-firm-in-q2.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer interviewed Fiserv President and CEO Frank Bisignano on Thursday’s episode of the show.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I am a buyer of Academy Sports and Outdoors (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/cramers-lightning-round-i-am-a-buyer-of-academy-sports-and-outdoors-.html)
- Academy Sports and Outdoors: “Even after the big run, I think it’s still inexpensive. I would be a buyer of this stock.”
- Poshmark: “I do like Poshmark. I do like what they’re doing with trying to recycle clothing. I think it’s a great idea. I guess people just, it’s gone totally out of style. I think [CEO Manish Chandra] does a good job. I would hold onto it.”
- C3ai: ”[CEO] Tom Siebel is such a money maker. I totally understand why you would feel like you just have to own the stock. There are so many companies in that area and they are so cutthroat, but I can’t tell you to sell this thing down 68%. At this point I think you have to hold onto it.”
- Sea Ltd: “You bet [I still love it]. That company is on fire. That is basically the Amazon meets PayPal, everything, of Southeast Asia. We have liked it from the beginning. I could not believe that last quarter. It was incredible.”
- ContextLogic: “I’m not throwing any love to you that way. When you wish upon a bad stock. That one is just no. We’re not going to go there.”
Ticker: ASO [buyer], POSH [hold],AI [hold], SE [incredible, Amazon meets with Paypal in east Asia], WISH [No]
(6) Off-the-Chart: Jim Cramer says Chevron looks attractive thanks to its dividend, but oil could fall further (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/cramer-chevron-dividend-looks-attractive-but-oil-could-fall-further.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Chevron looks attractive right now for investors who want to buy an oil stock.
- However, the “Mad Money” host cautioned that more weakness for crude could be in store.
- Oil prices hit their lowest levels since May on Thursday due, in part, to demand concerns.
Oil stock to watch: DVN, CVX, PXD, XOM
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Petco (WOOF), Whirlpool Corporation (WHR)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 19, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 19, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.