- This topic is empty.
2021-08-23 at 10:24 PM #4094暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, August 23, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer says people were ‘desperate’ to buy stocks after FDA’s Pfizer vaccine approval (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/cramer-people-desperate-to-buy-stocks-after-pfizer-vaccine-approval.html)
- “You rarely see a market that’s this straightforward, but anything with any cyclicality roared today on the Pfizer story,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- The “Mad Money” host said Wall Street’s reaction to the FDA decision tells him investors are “desperate to buy stocks even if they have to pay up.”
Buy the new?: Travel & leisure (LYFT, ABNB); “Go Out” Stocks (EL, CMG): Cross Border Plays (MA, V); Airlines & Cruise Ships (LUV); Cyclists (HON, CAT, NUE, CLF); FAANG & Friedens
(2) Lyft president ‘extremely confident’ company will win legal battle to classify gig workers as contractors (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/lyft-president-extremely-confident-company-will-win-legal-battle-to-classify-gig-workers-as-contractors.html)
- Lyft President John Zimmer told CNBC he’s “extremely confident” Proposition 22 will be upheld on appeals.
- A California judge on Friday ruled that ballot measure, which allows Lyft and Uber to classify its drivers as contractors, is unconstitutional.
(3) Executive Interview: Jim Cramer says these 4 stocks that recently completed spin-offs are worth buying (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/jim-cramer-says-these-4-stocks-that-recently-completed-spin-offs-are-buys.html)
- Two recent company breakups have created four stocks worthy of buying, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- The “Mad Money” host said he recommends both XPO Logistics and the newly spun-out firm GXO Logistics.
- Likewise, Cramer said the two components of the company formerly known as L Brands, Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works, can be added to portfolios.
XPO Logistics (XPO) –> GXO and XPO logistics [I like both]
Lbrands –> Victoria’s Secret (VSCO) [ give blessing for turn around and speculation), and Bath & Body Works (BBWI)
(4) Executive Interview: Palo Alto Networks CEO on the strategy to fight off ransomware attacks (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/23/palo-alto-networks-ceo-on-the-strategy-to-fight-off-ransomware-attacks.html)
Nikesh Arora, the CEO and chairman of Palo Alto Networks, appeared on “Mad Money” with Jim Cramer shortly after the cybersecurity firm reported quarterly earnings Monday.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like International Flavors & Fragrances over Amyris (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/23/cramers-lightning-round-i-like-international-flavors-fragrances-over-amyris.html)
Ticker: BODY [No], FUTU [Chinese stock, hold on to 2 week, then sell] , AMRS [IFF is a better buy], CFG [one of the better regional], POWW [No], LRCX [Terrific]
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says he still expects Fed chief Powell to be proven right on inflation (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/23/jim-cramer-says-he-still-expects-fed-chief-powell-to-be-proven-right-on-inflation.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer explained Monday why he continues to believe Fed Chief Jerome Powell’s inflation outlook will be proven correct over time.
A note to the inflationistas: Here’s what you’ re missing: increased productivity through digitization – lowers costs by “doing more with less”; Delta-induced delay in getting back to the office – potential collapse in office rent, auto & home prices; Covid contained, bonus benefits end, more people rejoin workforce – excess labor puts downward pressure on wages
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Goldman Sachs (GS), [stick with the stock], VMWAre (VMW) buy Dell, Five9 FIVN (take money and run)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 23, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 23, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.