- This topic is empty.
2021-08-24 at 10:52 PM #4104暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, August 24, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says the turnaround of Best Buy proves Amazon’s ‘death star days’ are over (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/jim-cramer-says-the-turnaround-of-best-buy-proves-amazons-death-star-days-are-over.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday he no longer views ecommerce behemoth Amazon as a so-called “death star.”
- I still like the company and the stock, but it’s no longer laying waste to the entire industry as it used to,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Cramer said Best Buy’s turnaround and continued success helped solidify his changed outlook.
Return of the Retailers: CVS Health (CVS), Target (TGT), Walmart (WMT) [charitable trust owns WMT), Best BUy (BBY), Costco (COST)
(2) Executive Interview: Denbury plans to make its carbon capture business ‘as big as it possibly can be,’ CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/24/denbury-plans-to-make-its-carbon-capture-business-as-big-as-it-possibly-can-be-ceo-says.html)
Denbury President and CEO Christian Kendall appeared on “Mad Money” on Tuesday, discussing with CNBC’s Jim Cramer the company’s efforts around carbon capture and storage.
(3) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer analyzes charts from Larry Williams focusing on the 30-year Treasury (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/24/jim-cramer-analyzes-charts-from-larry-williams-focusing-on-the-30-year-treasury.html)
On Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer broke down technical analysis on the bond market provided by longtime technician Larry Williams.
(4) Executive Interview: Prothena CEO breaks down the biotech firm’s clinical trial timeline for therapeutics (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/24/prothena-ceo-breaks-down-the-biotech-firms-clinical-trial-timeline-for-therapeutics.html)
Gene Kinney, the president and CEO of Prothena, explained on Tuesday’s “Mad Money” where the biotechnology company’s therapeutics stand across the development timeline.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I think Albemarle is worth buying (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cramers-lightning-round-i-think-albemarle-is-worth-buying.html)
- Joby Aviation: “No, no. Let it go. I think it can go down to like $7, $8 and then you can pick some up. I just don’t see a lot going there. I just don’t.”
- Meta Materials: “It’s a small Canadian company. … One of these things, when you have one of these little metal companies, this is not like a little cancer company where I’ll say buy it like Trillium. This is one where I really question the long-term approach of them. I don’t want to own it.”
- Ares Commercial Real Estate Corp.: “That’s a middle market lender. First of all, junk bond funds have been falling like stones. I think that these, historically, when I’ve recommended them have been a mistake. I’m not going to deviate. I’m not going to recommend that stock.”
- Willis Towers Watson: “That’s a very good brokerage company. I like it very much. It’s not going to hurt you. I don’t think it’s going to excite you, but it is profitable and it’s doing well. How about that? Let’s leave it at that.”
- Ingevity Corp.: “I think it’s a really interesting company. This is the kind of particular chemical company I like. Good growth, makes money, [doesn’t] sell for an expensive price. That’s the kind of stock I think that when you do homework, you come up with and you make money.”
- Albemarle Corp.: “Albemarle is a great company with a very expensive stock and terrific growth. It is more speculative than I like at this point, but it is a very good company and I think it’s worth buying.”
Ticker: JOBY [let it go], MMAT [I don’t want to own it], ACRE, WLTW [lke it bery much], NGVT, ALB
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says additional vaccine mandates are needed for U.S. to crush Covid
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer said Tuesday additional vaccine mandates from businesses and government entities are needed for the United States to put an end to the Covid epidemic.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): General Motors (GM) [hold, buy Ford], Paysafe Limited (PSFE) [disaster], Crown Castle (CCI) [Charitable Trust sold some], VICI Properties Inc. (VICI) [buy]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 24, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 24, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.