- This topic is empty.
2021-10-01 at 10:26 PM #4331暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, October 1, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Expect profit-taking as investors refocus on earnings (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/cramers-week-ahead-expect-profit-taking-as-earnings-come-in-focus.html)
- Positive trial results from Merck’s new Covid pill wowed investors Friday, but CNBC’s Jim Cramer believes the market will quickly turn its attention elsewhere.
- As investors hear financial updates from companies like PepsiCo and Levi Strauss in the week ahead, Cramer anticipates there could be profit-taking in certain stocks.
Buy Disney for travel/leisure
(2) Executive Interview: Keurig Dr Pepper CEO explains how e-commerce drives growth and why it will stick around post-Covid (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/01/keurig-dr-pepper-ceo-explains-how-e-commerce-drives-growth.html)
Keurig Dr Pepper CEO Bob Gamgort sat down with CNBC’s “Mad Money” following the beverage company’s investor event Friday.
(3) Executive Interview: Five9 CEO says shareholders rejected Zoom acquisition because the offer ‘wasn’t going to cut it’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/five9-ceo-says-zoom-acquisition-offer-wasnt-going-to-cut-it.html)
- Five9 shareholders rejected Zoom’s acquisition because the offer did not appropriately value the cloud contact center software company, Five9′s chief executive said.
- The all-stock agreement worth $14.7 billion would have been one of the largest tech deals of the year.
- Zoom’s stock has struggled this year, down more than 50% from its highs notched in October 2020.
(4) Executive Interview: Cramer loves this Ford and BMW-backed battery maker set to go public as an electric vehicle play (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/electric-vehicles-cramer-loves-this-battery-maker-backed-by-ford-bmw.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer is bullish on soon-to-be-public battery maker Solid Power as a “zero hype” electric vehicle play.
- The solid-state battery manufacturer counts Ford and BMW among its investors and makes technology that Cramer said could change the game for electric vehicle makers.
- Solid Power is set to go public via a merger with special purpose acquisition company Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corp III.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I think Penn National Gaming is doing great (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/cramers-lightning-round-i-think-penn-national-gaming-is-doing-great.html)
- Enterprise Products Partner: “It happens to be one of the best of the [natural gas and crude oil pipeline category], but I do not like that group. They should be doing better, given the fact it’s very hard to build a pipeline. I wouldn’t be that concerned about this, but I just don’t want the group. I just don’t.”
- Penn National Gaming: “Penn — that is good. It’s gambling season right now. A lot people, a lot of the Robinhood types, are over there doing it with the Penn Nat. And I think Penn Nat is doing great.”
(6) Jim Cramer introduces his new investing club (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/01/jim-cramer-introduces-his-new-investing-club.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer introduces his new investing club with CNBC.
Note: CNBC investing club at cnbc.com/investingclub
Ticker: Lithia Motors (LAD) [in very good shape. stick with it], Barrick Gold Corporation (GOLD) [If you want gold this is the best way], Consolidated Edison (ED) [prefer American Electric Power (AEP)], Zillow Group (ZG) [I do not want to own at rate hike scenario], Palantir Technologies (PLTR) [a lot of hot money in, you do not want to be in]
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Sony (SONY), L3Harris Technologies (LHX)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of October 1, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from October 1, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.