Mad Money: Key points from October 8, 2021 (Friday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from October 8, 2021 (Friday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, October 8, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Earnings season kicks off with the major banks (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/08/cramers-week-ahead-earnings-season-kicks-off-with-the-major-banks.html)

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer provides his outlook for next week’s big slate of corporate earnings.
      • Major banks like JPMorgan and Delta Air Lines are among the headliners for next week’s corporate earnings releases.
      • “The week recovered from an early sell-off and ended up strong enough to go into the real earnings season with a decent head of steam so let’s go there and peak at what’s there to be seen,” Cramer said.

[Charitable trust owns MS , WFC]

(2) Executive Interview: Flexport CEO Ryan Petersen tells Cramer the shipping backlog is not improving (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/08/flexport-ceo-ryan-petersen-tells-cramer-the-shipping-backlog-is-not-improving.html)

Jim Cramer was skeptical the issues for the shipping industry were improving, so he asked Flexport CEO about the state of the industry ahead of the holiday shopping season.

(3) Off-the-Chart: Charts suggest stock market should move higher in late October (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/08/charts-suggest-stock-market-should-move-higher-in-late-october.html)

• Historical analysis that called for a weak September for stocks proved correct last month.
      • However, the work of technical analyst Larry Williams suggest that a market rally is only a few weeks away.
      • “We’ve got two different chart techniques that are both calling for the same outcome. That’s called confirmation,” Jim Cramer said.

(4)[No video Clip] Cramer’s Homework — Cramer’s giving his take on Element Solutions after doing his homework. Ticker: ESI

Bottom Line: You’ve got my blessing to put on a small position here — If it pulls back again, you can buy more

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Ford over Lucid and what to do with Moderna (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/08/cramers-lightning-round-ford-over-lucid-and-what-to-do-with-moderna.html)

• Logitech: “I’ve liked it since the 30s. Should I have removed it at 120? I don’t know. My thing is, they’re doing a great job. What you have to do is ride it down a little and buy a little more, but not yet. Let’s see if it can find a bottom.”
      • Lucid: “It’s gotten so high that I think Ford — which my invest club has a position in — I like Ford more than Lucid.”
      • LivePerson: “Let’s have them back on, but they did lower when they reported. Now, they may say they didn’t, but that’s the way I read and that’s why it ain’t going higher.”
      • Novocure: “This is a wild stock. It trades on every single approval that it gets. I still stick by the fact that it is an incredible device that has given people many more years of life. I’m not backing away from it.”
      • Moderna: “We got all excited about this one, and it’s now I think kind of peaked and we’ve got to let it come down. I don’t want to touch it yet. Look, it’s the time of the oils. That stock actually will go up if the oil stocks are going down. I kid you not.”

Ticker: LOGI, LCID, LPSN, NVCR, MRNA

(6) [No Video Clip] State of semiconductors 

Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Blackstone (BX) [playing with house money by taking out some], CrowdStrike (CRWD) [Palo Alto is better], Upstart (UPST) [amazing, reminds me of Shopify] , VF Corp (VFC)

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of October 8, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from October 8, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.