Mad Money: Key points from November 29, 2021 (Monday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from November 29, 2021 (Monday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, November 29, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Cramer on Covid omicron variant: Panic is not an investment strategy at all (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/cramer-on-covid-omicron-variant-panic-is-not-an-investment-strategy-at-all.html)

• investors need to remain calm and trust in drug companies to develop any additional solutions needed to beat back the Covid omicron variant, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
        “When I say trust the science, that doesn’t necessarily mean … buy the stock market. But it most certainly means do not panic,” the “Mad Money” host said.

Why Panic isn’t a Strategy?: (i) drug companies can develop vaccines quickly, (ii) no sign of a US lockdown, (iii) today’s rebound, (iv) no system risk

(2)(3) Jim Cramer’s investment playbook for the Covid omicron variant (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/jim-cramers-investment-playbook-for-the-covid-omicron-variant.html)

• Investors should prepare for two economic scenarios as a result of the Covid omicron variant, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
      • The “Mad Money” host laid out his playbook for an economic slowdown and bounceback

What to watch amid a potential slowdown: AMZN, MSFT, NFLX, GOOGL, AEP, UNH, CNC

What to watch amid a potential slowdown (Higher Risk): LEN, TOL, PANW, HD, LOW, TSCO, WSM

What to watch amid a market snap-back: NCLH, AXP, MAR, M, AEO, F, DIS, WYNN

(4) Executive Interview: Shopify president says its merchants’ Cyber Monday sales have already topped 2020 figures (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/shopify-merchants-cyber-monday-sales-have-already-topped-2020-figures-president.html)

• Shopify has seen strong Cyber Monday sales across its worldwide network of merchants, according to the company’s president, Harley Finkelstein.
      • “We don’t have final numbers, but Shopify merchants have now surpassed last year’s sales of $5.1 billion globally,” he told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.

Ticker: SHOP

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I think Chegg is a buy here (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/cramers-lightning-round-i-think-chegg-is-a-buy-here.html)

• Matterport: “3D camera, everybody loves 3D. I’ve never made any money on 3D. I’m going to have to take a big pass since that’s stock already moved too much.”
      • Oscar Health: “Oh geez. No. Sometimes you need what I call a raison d’être … and I see no raison d’être for this health insurance company. We’ve got enough health insurance companies. We’ve got all we need. I know that sounds callous, but we don’t need these guys. Sorry.”
      • Lemonade: “You know, it’s a good company. I should say this about Oscar too. These are good companies. Oscar’s got great data. Lemonade has got some terrific pricing, but that doesn’t make for a great stock, and that’s the problem. Oscar is a great company, not a great stock. Lemonade is a great company, not a great stock. I teach in this [CNBC Investing Club] that there’s a difference, and most people don’t seem to know the difference, so we have to teach.”
      • BioNano Genomics: “There’s not much there, and you know what, it’s a good spec. I actually like [CRISPR Therapeutics]. I do. I’m not against the genomics. I like CRISPR.”
      • Bristol Myers Squibb: “My charitable trust sold it about 10 points ago, and the reason we did was we just didn’t say, I don’t want to say excitement. That’s wrong. But we just didn’t see enough to merit that investment over others we felt in the drug group. I felt it when it was at 2.8% [dividend yield]. At 3.59%, I’m with you, sir. … You don’t want to sell Bristol at 3.59% yield.”
      • Chegg: “I’m going to go out on a limb … I think Chegg is actually a buy here, OK? I think it’s come down enough.”

MTTR, OSCR, LMND, BNGO, BMY, CHGG

(6) [No Video Clip] The war against Covid – Omicron Covid Variant

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): General Electric (GE) [hold on to GE], FedEX (FDX) [UPS and FDX will do well], RH (RH)

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of November 29, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from November 29, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.