- This topic is empty.
2022-01-04 at 8:56 PM #4831暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says Okta versus Deere is the best way to understand the current stock market (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/cramer-okta-versus-deere-is-the-best-way-to-understand-the-market.html)
- “Okta versus Deere is the best way to understand this market,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday.
- The “Mad Money” host said those two stocks illustrate Wall Street’s ongoing sector rotation.
- “At this point in the business cycle, the playbook says you have to go with more tangible companies that make real things and generate real profits,” he said.
Ticker: OKTA, DE, BA [owned by Charitable Trust], F [owned by Charitable Trust] WFC [owned by Charitable Trust] , JPM, HON, GE
(2) Jim Cramer’s 2022 outlook for the best-performing Nasdaq 100 stocks last year (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/cramers-2022-picks-for-the-best-performing-nasdaq-100-stocks-in-2021.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday broke down some of the best-performing stocks in the Nasdaq 100 in 2021.
- “Many of these Nasdaq winners have fallen out of favor and become incredibly dangerous,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- However, he said he believes some stocks on the list can still see further upside in 2022.
Top Winners:  Lucid Motors (LCID) (+280%),  Moderna (MRNR) (+143%),  Fortinet (FTNT) (+142%),  Nvidia (NVDA) (+125%),  Marvell Tech (MRVL) (+84%),  Applied materials (AMAT) (+82%),  Datadog (DDOG) (+81%)  INTUIT (INTU) (+69%),  KLA Corp (KLAC)(+66%),  Alphabet (GOOGL)(+65%)  ASML (ASML) (+63%),  Atlassian (TEAN)(+63%),  Zscaler (ZS) (+61%) ,  AMD (AMD) (+57%)
(3) Jim Cramer’s 2022 outlook for the worst-performing Nasdaq 100 stocks in 2021 (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/jim-cramers-2022-outlook-for-the-worst-performing-nasdaq-100-stocks-in-2021.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday examined the worst-performing stocks in the Nasdaq 100 in 2021.
- “There are a lot of names that should keep losing now that the Fed is your foe, but also some opportunities if you’re willing to be patient,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Top Losers:  Peloton Interactive (PTON)(-76%),  Pinduooduo (POD)(-67%),  Zoom Video Communications (ZM)(-46%),  Splunk (SPLK)(-32%),  DocuSign (DOCU) (-32%),  Baidu (BIDU)(-31%),  Activision Blizzard (-28%),  JD.com (-20%),  Mercadolibre (MELI) (-20%)[buyer],  PayPal (PYPL)(-20%),  T-Mobile (TMUS) (-14%) [best chance on bounce]
Paypal – owned by the Charitable Trust
(4) Interview: Dr. Michael Mina criticizes government’s rapid Covid test rollout and CDC’s new isolation guidance (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/04/dr-michael-mina-criticizes-governments-rapid-covid-test-rollout-and-cdcs-new-isolation-guidance.html)
In an interview with CNBC’s Jim Cramer on “Mad Money,” Dr. Michael Mina criticized the U.S. government’s efforts to roll out rapid Covid tests and the CDC’s latest isolation guidance.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Oppenheimer Holdings is cheap and should rally with the financials (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/cramers-lightning-round-oppenheimer-holdings-is-cheap-and-should-rally-with-the-financials.html)
- Teladoc Health: “Too much competition in that business. Don’t want to own it.”
- Qualtrics International: “This company had a major upside surprise. It’s doing incredibly well, but the valuation is such that people don’t want to own it until they start making money.”
- Otter Tail Corp.: “People like it. I like American Electric Power, but Otter is a real good one.”
- Oppenheimer Holdings: “That is one cheap stock, and it has not participated yet in the financial rally. I think it should.”
- APA Corp.: ”[CEO John Christmann] stuck it out, and he’s doing a good job. Now, the stock has had a bit of a rough [period], but I think Apache actually works. I was quite premature when I owned it for the charitable trust many years ago.”
- Mosaic: “Mosaic is really about the only game in town for the [fertilizers]. I think the [fertilizers] can go still higher. … I like Mosaic. I know it’s an up-and-down stock, but I do like it.”
- Icahn Enterprises: “See, the problem is I don’t know what’s in that company. I’ve watched it go down, down, down. If there was total transparency I could recommend it, but I just can’t.”
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals: “It had a stumble with cystic fibrosis, but it really is the only real hope for people. I like the company. I think it’s a very interesting drug stock that sells at a very low multiple.”
- Ebix Inc.: “E-commerce for the insurance industry, there are so many that want to do that. I don’t want to be there anymore. Too many companies chasing too few customers.”
Ticker: TDOC [too much competition], XM , OTTR, OPY, APA, MOS, IEP, VRTX, EBIX
(6) [No Video Clip] Cramer revisits last year’s GameStop frenzy, wishes meme traders learned better investment lessons (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/04/cramer-revisits-last-years-gamestop-frenzy-wishes-meme-traders-learned-better-investment-lessons.html)
On Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer revisited the rise of meme traders in 2021 and the future for GameStop and AMC shares.
Ticker: GME, AMC
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Rent the Runway (RENT) [losing money, don’t own it], Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), Disney (DIS)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 4, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 4, 2022 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.