- This topic is empty.
2022-01-06 at 9:37 PM #4845暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, January 6, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer says an ‘investable bottom’ hasn’t been reached, believes it’s too early to buy aggressively (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/06/cramer-says-its-too-early-to-buy-aggressively-after-rough-2022-start.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Thursday he believes the stock market has yet to reach a true “investable bottom.”
- “That doesn’t mean you can’t pick selectively at stocks on the way down,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- However, Cramer said he believes it’s generally “too early to be aggressive.”
How do you get a bottom?: (i) A large level of negativity?, (ii) Are we oversold?, (iii) Have the analysis thrown in the towel?, (iv) Are the big gunners getting clobbered?, (v) Do the events that rigger selling pose systematic risk?, (vi) Are the public Markets closed to new deals?, (vii) can good earnings save us?, (viii) Is sidelined money ready to come in? , (ix) Could anything change the principal negative?, (x) Is the Govt outside of the Fed a hinderance or a help?
(2) Executive Interview: Constellation Brands CEO discusses deal with Coca-Cola to make alcoholic Fresca cocktails (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/06/constellation-brands-ceo-discusses-deal-with-coca-cola-to-make-alcoholic-fresca-cocktails.html)
Constellation Brands CEO Bill Newlands appeared on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money,” discussing the company’s partnership with Coca-Cola to make alcoholic Fresca cocktails, as well as its capital expenditure plans.
Ticker: STZ [buying opportunity?]
(3) Executive Interview: Bed Bath & Beyond CEO says losing $100 million in Q3 sales hurts but signals strong shopper demand (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/06/bed-bath-beyond-ceo-mark-tritton-on-says-q3-sales-fixing-supply-chain.html)
- Bed Bath & Beyond CEO Mark Tritton on Thursday expressed disappointment over the retailer’s supply-chain issues in its third quarter.
- The company estimates that it left about $100 million in sales on the table in 3Q.
- “It does show that the brand is alive and well and that we have demand. That we can’t meet it absolutely kills me,” Tritton told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
(4) Executive Interview: Conagra Brands CEO says inflation won’t go away even after Covid omicron wave passes (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/06/conagra-brands-ceo-says-inflation-wont-go-away-even-after-covid-omicron-wave-passes.html)
- Conagra Brands is prepared for inflationary pressures to stick around well after the Covid omicron wave subsides, CEO Sean Connolly told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- “It’s not quite that simple. I don’t think if omicron goes away it immediately solves inflation,” Connolly said.
- “I think you’ve got to have a battleplan for both,” he added.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Scotts Miracle-Gro is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/06/cramers-lightning-round-scotts-miracle-gro-is-a-buy.html)
- Vertiv Holdings: “Yes, absolutely. I like the company. I like the business model. I like the fact that Dave Cote is still the chairman. You’ve got a winner there.”
- Paysafe: “I don’t know how the hell this got down this low. … Count me a buyer, not a seller. I mean, it’s losing money, but not losing money hand over fist.”
- Alteryx: “This is an example again of a stock that doesn’t fit what I said would work in 2022 when I did my Investing Club call, which is that a company that I really like that’s losing a lot of money, that has really data storage retrieval business —Alteryx — its stock can’t work here. I know that sounds so bad that I say it can’t work, but I’ve been sticking by my guns about that … and I’m not changing my mind.”
- Matterport: “We had a question from a viewer. Digital scan, 3D, we like 3D but again remember, [Matterport is] not making any money. If it’s not making any money, it cannot go up in this environment.”
- Scotts Miracle-Gro: “I like this stock. I think this is going to be a great stock for the spring. I think gardening is going to be back again. Who knew that we’d still be with Covid? And it does well during gardening season, so I’m a buyer.”
- Guardant Health: “They’re just losing money hand over fist … and therefore, it won’t work. I know when I say it don’t work that sounds so callous, but I go back to the December club meeting when I said you can’t own them anymore.”
- Trade Desk: “It is a great company. We have had [CEO] Jeff Green on a bunch of times, but it sells at 100 times earnings. We have been saying if it’s more than 50 times earnings and it’s not Snowflake, we don’t want to recommend. Why Snowflake? Because they really are doing well enough to have that kind of multiple.”
- Enovix: “Because it’s lithium batteries, I’m going to do more work on it. Lithium, those stocks aren’t working right now either, but I want to do more work on it, and I’ll come back to you.”
Ticker: VRT, PSFE, AYX, MTTR, SMG, GH, TTD, ENVX
(6) No Huddle Offense: Cramer expects production of commodities like lumber to eventually grow, helping limit inflation (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/06/cramer-expects-production-of-commodities-like-lumber-to-eventually-grow-helping-limit-inflation.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer said Thursday he believes a patient approach to fighting inflation is important, contending that additional production capacity will eventually meet increased demand.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Shopify (SHOP) [good company but not right for now, wait it come down], Crocs (CROX) [wait to see the quarter] , Adobe (ADBE) [its right to buy, I will start buying a little]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 6, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 6, 2022 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.