- This topic is empty.
2022-01-18 at 8:44 PM #4902暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says Goldman Sachs shares are a ‘steal’ after post-earnings tumble (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/18/jim-cramer-goldman-sachs-shares-are-a-steal-after-post-earnings-dip.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday he feels Wall Street’s reaction to Goldman Sachs’ fourth-quarter earnings miss was overblown.
- “Right now you can get this stock for $70 less than where it was two and a half months ago. I think it’s a steal,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(2) Interview: RBN Energy CEO Rusty Braziel sees oil reaching $100 per barrel (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/18/rbn-energy-ceo-rusty-braziel-sees-oil-reaching-100-per-barrel.html)
(3) Jim Cramer says Airbnb’s recent weakness is a buying opportunity, likes the stock long-term (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/18/jim-cramer-says-airbnbs-recent-weakness-is-a-buying-opportunity.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday he believes Airbnb will be a successful long-term investment, making the stock’s recent weakness a potential buying opportunity for fellow company bulls.
- “I think this is one of those infants that’s been thrown out with the growth-stock bathwater,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- He recommended interested investors buy the stock at set intervals, with bigger purchases the further shares fall.
The bull case for Airbnb: (i) Profitable, unlike other recent IPOs; (ii) Works in a reopening or pandemic economy; (iii) A tremendous long-term growth story
(4) Chairman of Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp. discusses planned merger with Super Group (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/18/chairman-of-sports-entertainment-acquisition-corp-discusses-planned-merger-with-super-group.html)
Eric Grubman, chairman and CFO of Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp., appeared on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I can’t recommend Wheels Up since it’s unprofitable (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/18/cramers-lightning-round-i-cant-recommend-wheels-up-since-its-unprofitable.html)
- Covetrus: “I want you to do that. I actually think this group is so oversold. You know we had Zoetis on last week. I think animal health is here to stay. I don’t know if you saw Petco, how bad it’s doing. But that that’s got a bad balance sheet. I like your company because I like prescription management and pets.”
- Veeva Systems: “They have decided that Veeva has never done anything right, and yet it’s consistently done things right. But it is at 56 times earnings. You’re going to have to give it some berth. That means it’s going to be able to still go down a little before it gets cheap, and we want cheap.”
- T-Mobile: “I think [CEO] Mike Sievert is a winner. If I had to start a position in T-Mobile, I probably would start some right here. It does sell at a high multiple, but it’s making a ton of money.”
- Wheels Up: “I like [CEO] Kenny Dichter very much, but I am not recommending SPACs unless they’re making money. Last I looked that one is not making a lot of money, and that’s the problem.”
Ticker: CVET oversold], VEEV, TMUS, UP,
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says Microsoft’s bid for Activision suggests the stock market’s current ails will pass (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/18/jim-cramer-says-microsofts-bid-for-activision-suggests-the-stock-markets-current-ails-will-pass.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Tuesday discussed Microsoft’s planned acquisition of Activision Blizzard and the lessons that retail investors can take from it.
Ticker: ATVI, MSFT
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Linde (LIN) [LIN is right, will start picking up], AMC Entertainment (AMC), Unity Software (U) [I would buy a little, and buy in stage], Booking Holdings (BKNG)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 18, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 18, 2022 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.