- This topic is empty.
2022-01-13 at 12:36 AM #4883暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, January 12, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer’s investment advice for knowing when to buy stocks in a choppy market (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/jim-cramers-advice-for-knowing-when-to-buy-stocks-in-a-choppy-market.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday laid out an approach that he believes retail investors should adopt to help themselves cut through commentary about the stock market.
- “I want you to have a list of stocks you like and prices where you think they’re worth buying,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “When your favorite stocks hit those prices, you buy them. That’s how you avoid getting scared out of your wits by people who want to make you feel like a moron for being rational,” Cramer said.
(2) [No Video Clip] Am I diversified? ‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer makes the call (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/12/am-i-diversified-mad-money-host-jim-cramer-makes-the-call.html)
On Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer reviewed callers’ top five stock holdings and offered his take on whether their portfolios are approprietly diversified.
- AAPL, COIN, F, NVTA, PYPL — I don’t like NVTA get UNH; no COIN get HON [charitable trust own AAPL, F, PYPL]
- SO, VZ, COP, PM, UNP — Good
- AAPL, TMO, F, MCD, RKLB — perfect
- MSFT, F, AAPL, BA, BP –MSFT (software), AAPL (hardware), CVX BA — fine
(3) Jim Cramer says ViacomCBS is a buy, sees more room for the dividend-paying stock to run (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/jim-cramer-says-viacomcbs-is-a-buy-sees-room-for-the-stock-to-run.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday he believes ViacomCBS is an attractive investment right now.
- The “Mad Money” host cited the company’s dividend payment and improving fundamentals.
- “I think it’s the beginning of a move,” despite already jumping nearly 16% so far in 2022, he said.
VIAC [cheap for a reason, good risk reward, buy buy buy]
(4) Devon Energy CEO says discipline is spreading across the industry as Covid accelerated the shift (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/12/devon-energy-ceo-says-discipline-is-spreading-across-the-industry-as-covid-accelerated-the-shift.html)
Devon Energy CEO and President Rick Moncrief appeared on Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money” with CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I prefer Rio Tinto over Vale (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/cramers-lightning-round-i-prefer-rio-tinto-over-vale.html)
- ChargePoint: “ChargePoint is part of a very challenged group. I’ve done a lot of soul searching and, of course, a lot of research on this group. There are too many players, and there has not been enough consolidation, so I’m going to say avoid it.”
- Prothena: “I like it. I mean, I think they have a very positive Alzheimer’s formulation and they have other things. I do believe — just so we’re really clear about it and told people — that [Eli Lilly] is the winner because Lilly does not have the bad work that Biogen has, wasn’t looking for big money and has more prestige within the brain community.”
- Squarespace: “Design your own website, I don’t know. Wix, Adobe, no. I’m not in this. Direct listing. No support on Wall Street. I say no.”
- Vale: “Yes, you should be wary [of the stock’s roughly 17% dividend yield]. Brazilian company, a lot of … environmental problems. I don’t trust it. Someone asked about [Rio Tinto] the other day. I think Rio is a better company.”
- Alibaba: “Long term, I want you to go. Short term, it’s obviously bouncing. Everybody can see it. President Xi is doing the smart thing; he’s walked away, letting all these stocks go up. He will hammer you again when they move up, so scale out. That’s what I recommend.”
- QuantumScape: “This has detractors. This has big detractors, and I’ve got to tell you, it makes me very worried because I want to see Volkswagen take a bigger stake in them and they haven’t done it. If they did that, then I think it would really get things rolling.”
Ticker: CHPT, PRTA, SQSP, VALE, BABA,QS
(6) [No Video Clip] Cramer discusses tech’s recent rebound, says it’s still the wrong time to own unprofitable names (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/12/cramer-discusses-techs-recent-rebound-says-its-still-the-wrong-time-to-own-unprofitable-names.html)
On Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer discussed the technology sector’s recent rebound and explained why he believes mature, profitable companies in the group are the ones that should be owned.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Zoom Video (ZM) [need diversifying its business], ABBV [charitable trust own ABBV, not buy now], Charles River Labs (CRL) [buy in the weakness, not sell], Roku (ROKU)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 12, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 12, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.