- This topic is empty.
2022-02-04 at 10:05 PM #5018暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, February 4, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: This is a treacherous market filled with extreme stock moves (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/cramers-week-ahead-this-is-a-treacherous-market-filled-with-extreme-stock-moves.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday offered viewers his game plan for the next five trading days on Wall Street, including earnings from Chipotle, Coca-Cola and Disney.
- “This week we saw the true colors of what is a treacherous market,” the “Mad Money” host said.
[charitable trust owns DIS, build a bigger ]
(2) Columbia CEO says early holiday shopping helped boost Q4 profitability, expects strong 2022 (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/columbia-ceo-boyle-says-early-holiday-shopping-helped-boost-q4-profits.html)
- Columbia Sportswear’s strong Q4 profitability was helped by consumers starting their holiday shopping earlier than years past, CEO Tim Boyle said Friday.
- “That made for lack of promotional activity in our stores and also through our retail partners,” he said on “Mad Money.”
- Columbia’s operating income of $211.6 million in the fourth quarter was a record for the Oregon-based company.
(3) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer makes sense of what’s been the ‘hardest earnings season in recent memory’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/02/04/jim-cramer-makes-sense-of-whats-been-the-hardest-earnings-season-in-recent-memory.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Friday said this earnings season has been the hardest one to make sense of in recent memory.
Ticker: NOW, WHB, U, BILL, UNH, UPS
(4) Executive Interview: Waters Corporation CEO discusses the importance of its data reporting software and state of biotech (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/02/04/waters-corporation-ceo-discusses-the-importance-of-its-data-reporting-software-and-state-of-biotech.html)
Udit Batra, CEO and president of Waters Corporation, appeared on Friday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I don’t think Rivian will be the next Tesla (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/cramers-lightning-round-i-dont-think-rivian-will-be-the-next-tesla.html)
- Rivian: “No, I don’t think [it’s going to be the next Tesla]. I think that it’s going to be a very unsexy truck maker. I have to tell you, Ford has to sell its stock [in Rivian]. Why don’t we buy GM? I mean, [GM CEO] Mary Barra is doing a good job. If you want those vans, she’s got a whole van division. I know it’s a little old fashion. Let’s give it a shot.”
- Gilead Sciences: “I’m not a fan. I haven’t been a fan. They have what I call big hat, no cattle, and I like ones that have cattle.”
- AT&T: “Small hat, no cattle. There’s just not much too it. I’d rather see you in Verizon, which I thought [CEO] Hans Vestberg acquitted himself very well when he was on ‘Mad Money’ and told a better growth story.”
- Berkshire Hathaway: “No. They are doing better quality work now than they ever have. I think the stock is just a superior, terrific buy.”
- United Airlines: “I’m not recommending airline stocks right now. It’s just too tough, too competitive.”
Ticker: RIVN, GILD, T, BRKb, UAL
(6) [No video Clip] Jim Cramer’s main takeaway from the earnings reports of Amazon, Meta and Honeywell (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/02/04/jim-cramers-main-takeaway-from-the-earnings-reports-of-amazon-meta-and-honeywell.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Friday analyzed the earnings reports of Amazon, Meta and Honeywell, explaining what he’s taking away from Wall Street’s reaction to the results.
Ticker: AMZN, FB, HON
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):Abbott Labs (ABT), Best Buy (BBY) [a winner] , MELI [don’t like the position] , Citigroup (C) [has nothing, BAC, WHC, MS]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 4, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 4, 2022 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.