- This topic is empty.
2022-03-04 at 11:00 PM #5116暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, March 4, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Ulta has the best chance of ‘roaring higher’ during light earnings week (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/04/cramers-week-ahead-ulta-has-the-best-chance-of-roaring-higher.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday previewed next week’s earnings roster and said weekend developments in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine will be the most important indicator of the market’s moves.
- The “Mad Money” host said that despite the storm that soaring inflation and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have created over the market, investors must remain vigilant.
(2) Executive Interview: Incoming Splunk CEO says he’s ‘stepping in at a great time,’ hopes to be stabilizing force (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/04/incoming-splunk-ceo-gary-steele-on-his-new-role-company-outlook.html)
- Incoming Splunk CEO Gary Steele said Friday he hopes to be a “stabilizing force” for the company and its customers.
- Steele’s appointment was announced Wednesday, along with the company’s fourth quarter and full-year results.
- “I’m stepping in at a great time,” Steele told CNBC. “It’s just great positioning, and I think we’ve got a very optimistic path forward.”
(3) Cramer cautions investors to avoid these 4 retail stocks that recently went public (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/04/cramer-cautions-investors-to-avoid-these-4-retail-stocks-that-recently-went-public.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday provided a list of four newly public retail stocks investors should stay away from.
- The “Mad Money” host said that as companies that went public in the last year continue to lose their novelty and value, knowing which losing stocks to avoid can help investors pick winning ones.
Stock & Ticker to avoid: Allbirds (BIRD) [-57.8%], On Holding (ONON) [-8.5%], Rent The Runway (RENT)[-75%]
Takeaway: Rather buy Mavcy’s (M)
(4) Executive Interview: Hostess Brands CEO discusses supply chain and inflation woes, company growth (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/03/04/hostess-brands-ceo-discusses-supply-chain-and-inflation-woes-company-growth.html)
The “Mad Money” host spoke with Hostess Brand CEO Andy Callahan on Friday’s edition of the show.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Virgin Galactic is not an ‘investable frontier’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/04/cramers-lightning-round-virgin-galactic-is-not-an-investable-frontier.html)
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc: “It’s still incredibly cheap … Copper hit an all-time high today and these guys have great assets. I think you’ve really got game with that one.”
- Progress Software Corp: “There’s so many data-based software companies now, I just can’t own it unless you think you can get a takeover.”
- Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc: “I agree that space is the final frontier, but I don’t think it’s an investable frontier.”
- Trex Company Inc: “They did not do what I wanted to see … I’d been expecting beat and raise, beat and raise, and the earnings per share for the actual quarter was terrible. So the answer is ‘no thank you.’”
Ticker: FCX, PRGS, SPCE, TREX
(6) Jim Cramer says owning Devon Energy is an ‘insurance policy’ against continued geopolitical chaos (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/04/jim-cramer-says-devon-energy-is-insurance-against-geopolitical-chaos.html)
- Devon Energy is the stock investors should own if they want to guard against geopolitical uncertainty right now, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Friday.
- The “Mad Money” host interviewed the company’s CEO earlier Friday for the CNBC Investing Club’s monthly meeting.
- The company has continued moving higher in 2022 as oil and natural gas prices have climbed.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):Regeneron (REGN), Intel (INTC), Callaway Golf (ELY), Nike (NKE),
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of March 4, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from March 4, 2022 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.